House Price Crash Forum

Top Civil Servant Says It’S A ‘Myth’ Public Sector Is Too Big

HOLA441

This is the mentality.

THE most senior civil servant in Wales yesterday said that the belief that the public sector was oversized was a “myth”, but claimed that private sector growth was necessary after the downturn.

Dame Gillian Morgan – the Permanent Secretary of the Assembly Government – also mounted an impassioned defence of the performance of the civil service in Wales in an address to the Cardiff Business Club at the Cardiff Hilton Hotel yesterday.

She said that the balance between the sectors had to be “redressed”, but the imbalance was more about under-investment in the private sector than a bloated public sector.

“There is a big myth about the size of the public sector in Wales – that it is too big.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business-in-wales/business-news/2010/10/01/top-civil-servant-says-it-s-a-myth-public-sector-is-too-big-91466-27376676/#ixzz116M1qLTs

HOLA442

That's like:

"Estate agents says it's a myth house prices are too high", or

"Estate agents says it's a myth that we're lying cheating slimey b******s".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I think maybe everyone should have a job in the public sector.

Why not... they can just print the money.

NOT.

well.........as long as they did not print too much,which would cause hyperinflation....they could..............after all if the bank of england has the power to print money,why do we borrow at interest from the banks???

HOLA446

well.........as long as they did not print too much,which would cause hyperinflation....they could..............after all if the bank of england has the power to print money,why do we borrow at interest from the banks???

Because "we" don't feel that we are equal to athority.

Me, I emailed it in. My numbers are just as worthless as anyone elses.

Most folks can't do that though, because they feel guilty for drawing breath and it's attached itself to money.

HOLA447

“But if you do some statistical analysis and if you take the size of the population, it is about the size it should be.

Ok so tell us (taxpayers) all about this analysis, give the details. Just saying so to try to block measures supposed to help the economy isn't enough.

It's a fair bet that no such "statistical analysis" exists but if it does where do we get a copy of it.

Sounds like she's still empire building but let's have the report she mentions to see.

Empire building being one of the biggest problems in the public sector and by it's very nature against any form of cost saving.

Edited by billybong

HOLA448

You try and listen to the other side,

put aside your own beliefs and thoughts to take in others opinion and perspective to have a broader view

and then an idiot like this comes along spouting rubbish, I hope she is part of the cut backs. Perhaps she could get a well paid job at Tetra Pak..... oh hang on