House Price Crash Forum
sbn

Qt -Its On

how could anyone outside the labour core vote vote for labour ever again?

Abbott is terrible.

Edited by Si1

I hate Abbott.

Horrible woman.

Yes, continually going on about these nasty Tory cuts - it was Labour that got into this mess how can she not realise....

At least they've got that old goat on it......

He's the only thing that makes it interesting these days.

Starkey has the credit crunch and Brown's part in it all sewn up. The NuLab drones will never accept it. I think Ms Abbott just about did herself an injury whilst he was laying the facts out.

She’s just denied Milliped jnr isn’t leftwing as if lying about his allegiances is going to win support. Labour just don’t get it.

Her face when Starkey mentioned reforming the welfare system was a picture - obviously she is of the view that Labour need their core vote maintained by keeping people as dependent as possible no matter how shit their lives are.

I always get the feeling that Dimbleby is a card carrying Leftie.

Starkey perfectly summed up how we got into this mess.

Dimbleby's atrociously biased whose idea of chairing a debate is barking out old quotes from politicians, that some researcher's got off google and relayed down his earpiece.

QT always manages a weekly audience outbreak of the 'Bankers' meme - it's like the weekly hate FFS.

And why do they ever ask actors on, completely out of touch wishy-washy liberal f*ckwits.

Labour are ***ing idiots.. This woman appeals to 90% of labour voters in that she believes that everthing will be solved by taxing the prudent to support the feckless. SHE is a prime example of why polls currently put them ahead.

And they voted for someone else as their leader.

Edited by sbn

Blimey. People still watch television for information.

Wasn't sure what the thread was about - thought it was a misspelling of QE.

I dont know what it was all about either - pls move OT asap

Labour are ***ing idiots.. This woman appeals to 90% of labour voters in that she believes that everthing will be solved by taxing the prudent to support the feckless. SHE is a prime example of why polls currently put them ahead.

And they voted for someone else as their leader.

The audience seem to love her too and the BBC obviously had to make a point by having some braindead comments right at the end to undermine Starkey (the only one on the panel who really seems to have 'got it').

I do wonder where they get the audiences from as they are almost always full of what appear to be brainwashed Labour voters.

Thanks HPC for watching QT so i don't have to

I presume the estwhile tory heavyweigh Housing Minister hasnt said anything of interest yet, due to the lack of rage and demands for him to be hung from the nearest lamppost

Thanks HPC for watching QT so i don't have to

I presume the estwhile tory heavyweigh Housing Minister hasnt said anything of interest yet, due to the lack of rage and demands for him to be hung from the nearest lamppost

he basically denied - incorrectly - that the cuts are ideological (they are and I agree with the ideology), but that historian bloke admitted to them - as a tory - instead

I always get the feeling that Dimbleby is a card carrying Leftie.

Starkey perfectly summed up how we got into this mess.

Dumbledore is just another self employed (yep a contractor) luvvie guzzling deep from the IR35 tax exemption ****. Labours reach around loophole to keep the media on-side, and then a very real stick with which to retain their defference.

Its very hard to find out much on how this went down, outside of opinion and anecdote.

See comment 28 on http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/paulmason/2010/07/deficit_reduction_greek_style.html

28. At 6:42pm on 21 Jul 2010, tawse57 wrote:

When Gordon Brown brought in IR35 against self-employed workers he originally was targeting people in the Media along with Engineers and IT workers.

At the time I was quite vocal about the potential damage that this would bring to the UK - sadly, I have been proved right but you did not need to be a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs to realise that. You just needed common business sense.

Anyhow, I was contacted by a well-known journalist come presenter, who now does other things in TV-land and is paid handsomely for it, who was very keen to highlight the damage that IR35 would bring to millions of self-employed workers.

He was on the phone to me on the very day that IR35 was about to be formally announced, again excitedly voicing his concern and disgust, but then, would you believe it, self-employed people in the Media were exempted from IR35... it came in that very afternoon against Engineers and Tech workers... and I never heard from that journalist again.

If you are a freelancer working for the BBC are you still allowed to go off and get paid for after-dinner speaking, opening supermarkets and such-like? How can it be stopped? Restraint of trade? I believe staffers are not allowed?

I imagine there are very different financial arrangements, and tax advantages/disadvantages, for two BBC journalists sitting side by side? One could be a staffer and the other technically self-employed. But how about middle and senior management within the BBC? Things get greyer there - especially if you end up commissioning your partner, Aunt Sally or some other relative's production company to make programmes? Does this go on - surely not!?

If you are a self-employed BBC contractor, as many presenters and journalists now are, and you go off and do some after-dinner speaking or you get paid to write the odd article for a magazine or newspaper then you technically have more than one customer so it is not a tax dodge.

But there is a debateable greyness in that you are on a long-term, often rolling, contract at the BBC which is no different to being employed on staff by the BBC - except that you have tax distinct advantages. Then there is the issue that if you were not on the BBC presenting, for example, the news then would anyone pay you handsomely to open a supermarket, speak after-dinner or have 'fashion photos' in a tabloid? I suspect not.

I know numerous presenters at the BBC and other Broadcasters who make a very lucrative living from after-dinner speaking, presenting awards in dinner do's for the private sector and so on. Some of them make much more money from this than they do from being paid by the BBC - and that is saying something.

Then there is the issue of getting commissions for your own production company because you are 'on the inside'? Or offering to present a documentary or Light Ent show that a friend's production company pitches to the BBC. Do some of the 'names' only agree to work with certain production companies? Again, does this go on - surely not?

The BBC News output is busy looking at the Public Sector now, at the Civil Service, the Councils and pointing out all the over-spending, the waste of money and questioning how such bodies spend our money. It is long over-due that state-funded Broadcasters looked at themselves but that would be opening a can of worms. It would take a brave journalist to do so IMPO.

By the way, just in case anyone was wondering, the above-mentioned journalist was not Paul.

The audience seem to love her too and the BBC obviously had to make a point by having some braindead comments right at the end to undermine Starkey (the only one on the panel who really seems to have 'got it').

I do wonder where they get the audiences from as they are almost always full of what appear to be brainwashed Labour voters.

Thursday evening in Manchester city centre. inner cities are typically labour-leaning, many of the suburban or country tories might not be that bothered abiout coming in for it, especially on a school night. However there seemed to be a handful of tory lancastrians commuted in in their rovers.

Edited by Si1

Dumbledore is just another self employed (yep a contractor) luvvie guzzling deep from the IR35 tax exemption ****. Labours reach around loophole to keep the media on-side, and then a very real stick with which to retain their defference.

Its very hard to find out much on how this went down, outside of opinion and anecdote.

See comment 28 on http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/paulmason/2010/07/deficit_reduction_greek_style.html

With all the recent anger towards bbc salaries, i wonder if any journalists have put in a freedom of information request to find out how many beeb employees exploit this loophole & worked out how much it directly costs the exchequer.

It would certainly make sense for a young journalist looking to make a name for him/herself who is not yet dependant on feeding from the same trough.

Alas, they most likely report into an editor that has his/her snout firmly embedded!

I've just watched this on iPlayer.

Part of me wishes Diane Abbot became Labour leader, they'd never get elected again! She's like a 5 year old child, pulling faces, butting in, making silly noises the whole time and always has to be right.

Just who is Brian Cox and why is he on the show, he even admitted he doesn't spend much time in the UK and Dimbletwat was a nob as usual.

Dimbleby's atrociously biased whose idea of chairing a debate is barking out old quotes from politicians, that some researcher's got off google and relayed down his earpiece.

QT always manages a weekly audience outbreak of the 'Bankers' meme - it's like the weekly hate FFS.

And why do they ever ask actors on, completely out of touch wishy-washy liberal f*ckwits.

nonsense...ive seen lots of newreels where Actors have saved the World.

Where would the US have been with Big John Wayne, saving the Allies, even with a broken ankle, being carted around Normandy on a cart, pushed by loyal citizens?

Where would we be without Heros like Tom Hanks, bravely going to the moon?