House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jplevene

Anecdotal: Boe Member's Cv

Curriculum Vitae

CURRENT JOB

I work at the Bank of England on the Monetary Committee. My job and others on the committee is to keep inflation within target of 2% and not go above or below that target by 1%, otherwise we have to make feeble excuses to the Chancellor why we messed up. We are also to use the base rate to support Government objectives for the growth of the country and help employment (see http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetarypolicy/framework.htm).

ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FAILURES

• Banks collapsed due to little regulation and us turning a blind eye to their activities, yet we still haven't brought in any regulation.
  • Constantly missed inflation targets
  • Constantly incorrectly predicted inflation
  • Constantly incorrectly predicted growth
  • Lowered the base rate to 0.5% 18 months ago to help boost the economy, in that time we have had a recession with another one on the way, have a faltering economy and a colapsing housing market.
  • Unemployment in the UK is rising
  • Growth in the UK is not happening, quite the contrary
  • Savers are loosing money on their savings as inflation is higher than savings rates
  • We printed money with Quantitative Easing, which didn't solve anything so we might try that one again to see what happens.
  • We now want savers to give up their savings and spend them as we are out of hair-brained ideas.

however...

• The Financial Markets are making lots of money

CURRENT RESPONSIBILITIES

Currently we publish feeble excuses as to why we are failing in our job and hope people believe the spin that we will get it right.

YOUR JOB VACANCY

I feel that I would be a great asset to McDonalds and I hope that I would be more productive working at one of your establishments cleaning tables than at my current job.

Can't even spell curriculum vitae. They're all Baxtards!

Sorry, formatting on this website removed the "e".

Web master please take not as the "e" is in the source. I selected line, did large text, selected entire line (including formatting symbols), etc....

Can't spell 'losing' either.

No wonder so much has been lost by so many, so that the few can prosper!

Should have mentioned that Mr. Bean is one of the bosses as well.