House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Tetra Pak In Wrexham Set To Close With 150 Job Losses

Wonder what HPI was like in Wrexham the last decade and how this has stiffed any chance of keeping the jobs there?

Tetra Pak in Wrexham set to close with 150 job losses

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/sep/30/everything-everywhere-tmobile-orange-job-losses

30 September 2010 Last updated at 14:50

Share this page

Tetra Pak in Wrexham set to close with 150 job losses

Tetra Pak, Wrexham Industrial Estate Tetra Pak is considering ceasing production at its Wrexham factory, becoming a finishing warehouse

A cartons factory plans to stop production with the loss of 150 jobs in Wrexham.

Packaging giant Tetra Pak said the decision was "extremely difficult" but hopes to keep 135 out of 265 jobs in part of the business and by creating a warehouse.

It blamed changes in the export market which account for half its business.

Clwyd South MP Susan Elan Jones is "very shocked" and wants to meet management.

"My key concern now will be to ensure that the local workforce receive the best possible terms."

In a statement, the company - which has more than 21,000 workers worldwide - said it was starting a consultation on job losses at Wrexham industrial estate, where it has its UK headquarters.

I knew it was only a matter of time before they folded !!!!!

Ah thank you!!! - also I think its about the only pun you can make about tetrapak.

Unless anyone can see another "angle" or wants to "wax" lyrical.

"Foiled" again anyone???

I'll get my coat

Edited by sbn

Clwyd South MP Susan Elan Jones is "very shocked" and wants to meet management.

"My key concern now will be to ensure that the local workforce receive the best possible terms."

The opening negotiations could be difficult, danger of things spilling over methinks

Oh, how wrong I was - thanks peeps for restoring my faith!

Still .......

no point crying over spilt milk.

Edited by sbn

Oh, how wrong I was - thanks peeps for restoring my faith!

Still .......

no point crying over spilt milk.

That post creased me up when you seamed to suggest that the pun carton was empty.

I can hear the orders being shouted out in germanic stylee now

" Ein hundert und fumfzig velsh verking hands - RAUS! INGerland is the only place to continue !!"

Anyone geddit?

Edited by sbn

And this one....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/sep/30/everything-everywhere-tmobile-orange-job-losses

Everything Everywhere mobile phone group to cut 1,200 jobs

Everything Everywhere, created by the merger of Orange and T-Mobile, says it must reduce duplication in the new business

T-Mobile shop in Fleet Street, London Everything Everywhere has more than 700 T-Mobile and Orange shops. Photograph: Carl Court/AFP/Getty Images

Everything Everywhere, the group formed through the merger of mobile phone brands Orange and T-Mobile, is to cut about 1,200 jobs.

The company said the cuts, amounting to 7.5% of its 16,000-strong workforce, were intended to strip out duplicated roles following the tie-up between Orange and T-Mobile in Britain this year.

I can hear the orders being shouted out in germanic stylee now

" Ein hundert und fumfzig velsh verking hands - RAUS! INGerland is the only place to continue !!"

Anyone geddit?

Sadly yes

In the sense that neither 10,000 spoons nor a knife will help you out.

Writing an entire song stating a series of mere frustrations and annoyances are ironic is in itself a great work of irony.

Did Canadian Alanis's great mind conceive this for her personal amusement at all the weaker intellects pointing out the lack of irony in the incidents and chirruping 'Americans never get irony'.

Of course it's possible she might just not understand irony.

Writing an entire song stating a series of mere frustrations and annoyances are ironic is in itself a great work of irony.

Did Canadian Alanis's great mind conceive this for her personal amusement at all the weaker intellects pointing out the lack of irony in the incidents and chirruping 'Americans never get irony'.

Of course it's possible she might just not understand irony.

You need to see Ed Burns (sp?) on this..... awesome routine.

I believe

Edited by sbn

In what sense would that be ironic?

In the sense of the recipients being mocked. Dictionary definitions vary on the commutability of irony and sarcasm. If it was a new job offer it would be more ironic in the situational sense of the definition.

Someone who fancies their own self-righteous views as intellectually coruscating frequently indulges in attempts at petty point scoring on language pedantry, isn't that.....? Well I'm really not quite sure now.

In the sense of the recipients being mocked. Dictionary definitions vary on the commutability of irony and sarcasm. If it was a new job offer it would be more ironic in the situational sense of the definition.

Someone who fancies their own self-righteous views as intellectually coruscating frequently indulges in attempts at petty point scoring on language pedantry, isn't that.....? Well I'm really not quite sure now.

Oh come on!!!!

......Now your just picking away at the corners !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sbn

Your uncertainty suggests my effort was wasted.