House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
littlelamb

Glasgow Repossession Offer?

Thinking on offering on a repossession, west end glasgow, good location, town house conversion. A few 2's on home report but nothing drastic, should I still have a survey? Property a bit tired, new kitchen and decor required but could be great, told a lot of interest but no offers and no one in as good a position as me...advice please

Thinking on offering on a repossession, west end glasgow, good location, town house conversion. A few 2's on home report but nothing drastic, should I still have a survey? Property a bit tired, new kitchen and decor required but could be great, told a lot of interest but no offers and no one in as good a position as me...advice please

Should you still have a survey? Will the Home Report be acceptable to your lender? If you are a cash buyer you still might want to get your own survey as has been discussed here before, there is a lot of doubt as to the independence of surveyors asked to do HR's. You will probably find your survey comes out lower.

Lots of interest = stock EA phrase to get you worried you might "miss the boat".

Get your solicitor to speak with the bank who are selling the repo'. Are they in a rush? What's their exposure - ie. what is the least they will take?

Thinking on offering on a repossession,

snip

..advice please

Littlelamb, this is the 3rd thread you have started (in just over a week) in the Scotland section all about you buying.

I promise you, a new posting on an older thread will not go un-noticed, as by making a fresh posting your thread gets lifted to the top of the list.

Swamping a section with effectively the same thread over and over again might not be too popular.

Littlelamb, this is the 3rd thread you have started (in just over a week) in the Scotland section all about you buying.

I promise you, a new posting on an older thread will not go un-noticed, as by making a fresh posting your thread gets lifted to the top of the list.

Swamping a section with effectively the same thread over and over again might not be too popular.

Sorry, just new to this and thanks for the advice,

There are many better places to get advice on property purchase, given that this is an internet forum concerned mainly with discussing property market trends, of a bearish persuasion.

You also can't hope to get worthwhile advice if providing such basic information. You might as well as how much you should offer!

To be honest I'd be worried if you were influenced by any of the advice on here-including my own