The Apprentice New Series

juvenal

HOLA441
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Looks like Britain's still world-leading in chancers, attention-seekers and bullsh1tters.

I love the way Sugar always says 'I don't like bullsh1tters' just before a whole troupe do a piece to camera each that drips with bullsh1t.

The main message the show seems to convey is, if you want to pretend to be a business person, dress in exactly the same way as someone who works at Foxtons or Carphone Warehouse dresses, in order to pretend to be a business person.

HOLA444

Please don't watch it ! You will see "business ideas" that could have come from a five-year old, after a bong-load! :huh:

HOLA445

I notice that one of the contestants, Alex Epstein, is also claiming that as a child he came up with the concept of the bendy bus :blink:

That's strange, he's 26 years old and I distinctly remember there being bendy busses around in Sheffield in the late 1970's

On that basis I may go on the show and claim I discovered penicillin.

HOLA446

I notice that one of the contestants, Alex Epstein, is also claiming that as a child he came up with the concept of the bendy bus :blink:

That's strange, he's 26 years old and I distinctly remember there being bendy busses around in Sheffield in the late 1970's

There were indeed. 5 MAN versions and 5 of the British Leyland versions. There was even a second generation of Bendys in the mid-80s, all Leyland this time.

syt-2003-c103hdt-sheffield-sep89.JPG

And they existed on the continent before that.

I look forward to episode 2 when Alex reveals that he discovered the Fountain of Youth on an expedition to the Congo in 1889.

HOLA447

Looks like this year will deliver a bumper crop of tits.

Aside from Highlander style immortal Alex Epstein (motto: "There can be only one") we have:

Stuart Baggs: He describes himself as a ‘brand’ and credits ‘himself’ as his inspiration. He sold yo-yos at school, before going on to launch his own telecoms company at 18. He says: ‘I'm Stuart Baggs 'The Brand' - I've got a certain type of charisma’.

Jamie Lester, who has a cliché for every occasion: ‘The saying is never live and regret and there's another saying that if you don't make mistakes you're never going to be a success. You've gotta break eggs to make an omelette.'

Stella English is clearly the philosophical one of the bunch: ‘Everything that is happening in my life, that's what I wanted to happen. Is it that that's my destiny or I've just actually created my own destiny?'

HOLA448

Aside from Highlander style immortal Alex Epstein (motto: "There can be only one") we have:

Stuart Baggs: He describes himself as a 'brand' and credits 'himself' as his inspiration. He sold yo-yos at school, before going on to launch his own telecoms company at 18. He says: 'I'm Stuart Baggs 'The Brand' - I've got a certain type of charisma'.

Jamie Lester, who has a cliché for every occasion: 'The saying is never live and regret and there's another saying that if you don't make mistakes you're never going to be a success. You've gotta break eggs to make an omelette.'

Stella English is clearly the philosophical one of the bunch: 'Everything that is happening in my life, that's what I wanted to happen. Is it that that's my destiny or I've just actually created my own destiny?'

You still haven't told everyone about the Druid 'OAK' ceremonies within the mystical "Hole in t' Road" which sprouts green shoots!

HOLA449

I was at business school for a while. If youve ever seen the film 'Boiler Room' that seemed to be something of a guide for a fairly sizeable percentage of graduates on how to conduct their professional lives.

Its kind of like rap/gangster/drug dealer culture for people who dont like being shot at or stabbed.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Stuart Baggs: He describes himself as a ‘brand’ and credits ‘himself’ as his inspiration. He sold yo-yos at school, before going on to launch his own telecoms company at 18. He says: ‘I'm Stuart Baggs 'The Brand' - I've got a certain type of charisma’.

Jamie Lester, who has a cliché for every occasion: ‘The saying is never live and regret and there's another saying that if you don't make mistakes you're never going to be a success. You've gotta break eggs to make an omelette.'

Stella English is clearly the philosophical one of the bunch: ‘Everything that is happening in my life, that's what I wanted to happen. Is it that that's my destiny or I've just actually created my own destiny?'

Hmm. Having noted the above trio I'm already brewing up a goodly head of loathing.

I shall be keeping an eye on this young woman as well.

Liz Locke, 24, likens herself "to a Lamborghini, fast, exciting, stylish and successful" and has recently moved into property development.

HOLA4413

You still haven't told everyone about the Druid 'OAK' ceremonies within the mystical "Hole in t' Road" which sprouts green shoots!

I used to spend my time down there staring at the fish. :)

I remember a bit of green mould down there, maybe something sprouted from them?

Hmm. Having noted the above trio I'm already brewing up a goodly head of loathing.

I shall be keeping an eye on this young woman as well.

Liz Locke, 24, likens herself "to a Lamborghini, fast, exciting, stylish and successful" and has recently moved into property development.

Impractical, high maintenance and only good for the occasional quick thrill?

HOLA4414

There were indeed. 5 MAN versions and 5 of the British Leyland versions. There was even a second generation of Bendys in the mid-80s, all Leyland this time.

syt-2003-c103hdt-sheffield-sep89.JPG

And they existed on the continent before that.

I look forward to episode 2 when Alex reveals that he discovered the Fountain of Youth on an expedition to the Congo in 1889.

I can imagine an eager council setting up that photo with the Park Hill backdrop to show the world how Sheffield is the epitome of progressive modern thinking. The girl looking out the window glumly should cheer up, Meadowhall's less than a decade away. Next stop after that the National Centre for Popular Music. :lol:

HOLA4415

I used to spend my time down there staring at the fish. :)

I remember a bit of green mould down there, maybe something sprouted from them?

Impractical, high maintenance and only good for the occasional quick thrill?

Imagine how weird this conversation must be to those that don't have a clue.

Garfish - green boned?

HOLA4416

Imagine how weird this conversation must be to those that don't have a clue.

Amazingly I found this drawing of the fish tank

fish_tank_pete_mckee_365x366.jpg

That could have been me and my mum (or lots of other kids and their mums) in the early 70s.

You can see the fish tank on the left here

600399131_4f95a5043a.jpg

A better view:

HoleinroadFishtank5.jpg

And if anyone is really curious as to what the hell we're on about (link).

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Apparently it is great they both made a 'profit'. This is from a business with free travel. A free pitch at a popular market. No start up costs apart from the goods and one off production costs. No contracts or red tape to register/deliver. 8 people to do the work. ZERO WAGES between then all.

Each team made about £300 for 8 people's work over a 16 hour period. If you pay each of these minimum wage this is a rather large loss.

These people are muppets. Amusing though.

HOLA4419

Apparently it is great they both made a 'profit'. This is from a business with free travel. A free pitch at a popular market. No start up costs apart from the goods and one off production costs. No contracts or red tape to register/deliver. 8 people to do the work. ZERO WAGES between then all.

Each team made about £300 for 8 people's work over a 16 hour period. If you pay each of these minimum wage this is a rather large loss.

What a bunch of ambitious, backstabbing, third-rate brown-nosers.

They were about as unsavoury as their bargain-basement bangers.

One of 'em thinks he's a 'brand'...

He needs a brand..

...one that burns 'prat' on his backside.

I wouldn't hire any of them to whitewash a privy.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

What a bunch of ambitious, backstabbing, third-rate brown-nosers.

They were about as unsavoury as their bargain-basement bangers.

One of 'em thinks he's a 'brand'...

He needs a brand..

That burns 'prat' on his backside.

I wouldn't hire any of them to whitewash a privy.

And what kind of people did you expect? Seriously most of them seem like most EA's i have met!!! :lol:

HOLA4422

I'm not defending 'em here, but, sleep deprivation ain't nice, good TV though.

Love it.

I want the aussie to win, she's classy and just lovely. :)

Yep but they are the best of the best !!

They should eat up all nighters for breakfast. :D

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Seems the same in real life

People are either under talented and over confident

or either over talented and under confident. The two seem to go hand in hand.

Guess one of the many reasons why we're in the shit.

HOLA4425

I've felt they've been scraping the barrel for pathetic specimens for the past few series but this bunch look like a cracking set of grade A tossers. Lor d'Alan as even got a couple of new jokes.

A promising start I thought.

Sound analysis, but over-generous to them....

Archived