House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Q3 2010 1.6%+

azogar

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/Q3_2010.pdf

Surprisingly, the region that performed best during the third quarter was Northern Ireland, with prices rising by a seasonally adjusted 1.6%. However, this increase was not enough to offset the declines of previous periods, so that the annual rate of house price falls actually accelerated from 5.2% to 11.1%.

We had a surprise rise in the index this time last year too. Then it continued falling.

Unemployment has continued to rise in the province and is now the highest amongst our house price regions. Belfast remains the country’s most expensive area and also saw the best performance this quarter, with prices down 4% year-on-year.

I wonder will the imminent public sector cuts fix the Belfast market.

Edited by Belfast Boy

HOLA443
HOLA444

Beat me to it.

Funny how people read what they want to see in these reports ;)

I'll look at the figures later. Busy day.

aye. still -11.1% for year

tbh, i though 2010 would be flat, with 2011 delivering a knock out, but -11.1% isn't flat.... we'll see what Q4 brings

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The NI graph looks good. A bit disappointed that Belfast seems to be still averaging ~£194k. I've been hoping for bigger drops in the big smoke than 4%...

I agree about Belfast; we might have hoped for considerably more but the low rates and stubborn sellers have meant that few have been forced to correct to a realistic price and are holding out instead. How long can it last...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I agree about Belfast; we might have hoped for considerably more but the low rates and stubborn sellers have meant that few have been forced to correct to a realistic price and are holding out instead. How long can it last...

Hopefully not much longer. It has put a bit of a dent in my plans for buying. It would seem that Belfast needs a lot more time to burst (or even deflate a bit).