House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Flames Of Anger: Strike Fury Over Spending Cuts Sweeps Europe

"People furious because they can't vote themselves stuff".

FFS, some people never really did make it out of Nursery school did they?

2 Million people marched in London against the Iraq invasion organsed by Blair and his cronies in Govt.

Govt told them all to EFF OFF & went ahead anyway!

Now GOVT are telling them they were right all along - hundreds of thousands of deaths later.

Who profited?

The 'middlemen' and makers of all the war gear!

Banks!

Where did all Saddam family Billions upon Billions of stashed $$ end up?

Edited by erranta

2 Million people marched in London against the Iraq invasion organsed by Blair and his cronies in Govt.

Govt told them all to EFF OFF & went ahead anyway!

Now GOVT are telling them they were right all along - hundreds of thousands of deaths later.

Who profited?

The 'middlemen' and makers of all the war gear!

Banks!

Where did all Saddam family Billions upon Billions of stashed $$ end up?

What's that got to do with this?

War is bad but validates voting yourself free stuff?

What's that got to do with this?

War is bad but validates voting yourself free stuff?

Mr Monks said: 'There is a great danger that the workers are going to be paying the price for the reckless speculation that took place in financial markets.'

Over successive decades Govt/City policies have stripped 100's Billions of pounds out of peoples pensions!

Ripped everyone off who had shares in the so-called dot.com crash (after pumping up the little people with media brainwashing to buy them - then wiping them all out!)

People have paid a Stamp for when they are thrown out of work!

It is not "free stuff"

Edited by erranta

Mr Monks said: 'There is a great danger that the workers are going to be paying the price for the reckless speculation that took place in financial markets.'

Over successive decades Govt/City policies have stripped 100's Billions of pounds out of peoples pensions!

Ripped everyone off who had shares in the so-called dot.com crash (after pumping up the little people with media brainwashing to buy them - then wiping them all out!)

People have paid a Stamp for when they are thrown out of work!

It is not "free stuff"

Not too many pensioners on that riot.

Nor I suspect that many dot.com losers.

No, people are furious because they are being shafted by the elite.

Ah the "elite".

What a relief we've managed to replace the Devil with someone else who does all the bad stuff.

Ah the "elite".

What a relief we've managed to replace the Devil with someone else who does all the bad stuff.

So, even though we have a very uneven distribution of wealth and income, you think everyone's equal. :lol::lol::lol:

So, even though we have a very uneven distribution of wealth and income, you think everyone's equal. :lol::lol::lol:

they are protesting against Austerity...NOT the way we got to it.....blame the bankers....and do what?...march against pay cuts....How about demanding Bankers are sacked, that pensions be forfeit for bankers....that the government defaults?

stoopid people....they need to make it hurt for the political and banking elites.....they should be stoning their houses....spitting on them...not lining up against police.

And the Greeks....better find a job and make some wealth, cos they are gonna need some.

wtf has equal got to do with it?

I just think people like to blame their woes on others. Used to be the Devil made us do bad things, now multi-nationals force us to buy imported goods and put our friends out of work, and governments force us to want lots of stuff to be provided.

All I object to is governments not allowing us to make our own way, I don't think I'm entitled to anything from anyone.

EDIT: I agree with Bloo; if the problem is the money system then protest at that; what's the point at moaning because you can't get your stuff on the credit account of your children?

Edited by bogbrush

I just think people like to blame their woes on others. Used to be the Devil made us do bad things, now multi-nationals force us to buy imported goods and put our friends out of work, and governments force us to want lots of stuff to be provided.

All I object to is governments not allowing us to make our own way, I don't think I'm entitled to anything from anyone.

EDIT: I agree with Bloo; if the problem is the money system then protest at that; what's the point at moaning because you can't get your stuff on the credit account of your children?

Indeed, rather than lining the streets and calling "NO AUSTERITY", people should stop buying things....that would send a good message...one that the "Elites" would feel where it counts.

Indeed, rather than lining the streets and calling "NO AUSTERITY", people should stop buying things....that would send a good message...one that the "Elites" would feel where it counts.

+1

We have been led to believe that the ideological argument is Left vs Right, when in fact both have resulted in a big state which identifies that control equals productivity equals power.

The argument is big state vs small state, globalisation vs localisation. Vote with your wallets. Don't buy a new LCD TV, don't watch X Factor ... grow local, barter and build a local community.

Let the fish rot from the head down.

Edited by JimDiGritz

+1

We have been led to believe that the ideological argument is Left vs Right, when in fact both have resulted in a big state which identifies that control equals productivity equals power.

The argument is big state vs small state, globalisation vs localisation. Vote with your wallets. Don't buy a new LCD TV, don't watch X Factor ... grow local, barter and build a local community.

+ 1

+1

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. ~Barry Goldwater

The money men lead the opposition and then lead it nowhere.

It was the Banks who shafted us !

The Irish know that and it is getting worse for them.

Most people make decisions on the basis of what is best for them, personally, and on the basis of a limited amount of information.

With hindsight, we can see that Gordon and the Bank of England failed to control the City Golden Goose.

But now the billions the State invested in securing the financial sector forms no part of the recovery calculations.

The accounting is all on the side of the balance sheet marked 'CUTS'.

The only strategy for growth is a neocon belief that the markets will find a solution. They will not.

Meanwhile, the majority who benefited little from the good years, face impoverishment and reduced support.

The Government tells them too, that its objective is 'fairness'. Everyone can see that saying is not doing.

Calm, optimistic, resigned Britain is holding its breath until the Spending Review tells us whether our fears are justified.

Will there be a reaction like Europe's here?

Libcon believes we are too passive. I hope we are not.

they are protesting against Austerity...NOT the way we got to it.....blame the bankers....and do what?...march against pay cuts....How about demanding Bankers are sacked, that pensions be forfeit for bankers....that the government defaults?

stoopid people....they need to make it hurt for the political and banking elites.....they should be stoning their houses....spitting on them...not lining up against police.

And the Greeks....better find a job and make some wealth, cos they are gonna need some.

The bankers were just stoking the fire, the actual fire was people borrowing beyond their means.

The bankers were just stoking the fire, the actual fire was people borrowing beyond their means.

Not at all.

Hardly anyone borrowed a goddamn thing.

Lets get back to the basics of democratic accountability: anyone who voted for the incumbent government of any of the affected countries at any time in last 10 years has only themselves to blame for anything which happened under said governments. I have no sympathy for people who implicitly voted for a credit fueled boom, reduced financial regulation etc etc, and then complain when they get shafted by banker and the money has to be repaid.

Edited by goldbug9999

Not at all.

Hardly anyone borrowed a goddamn thing.

whatever it was..we need a lot more of it.

Strange that nobody is demonstrating against globalisation or open-door immigration when there is massive structural unemployment?

What to they think their government is going to do now? Ask the insolvent banks for more credit or ask China for another loan they know they can never repay?

Its all a bit nuts.