House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Oldie

Mpc Decision Today

Guest The_Oldie

It's interesting to compare the amount of coverage this month when a hold is expected with all the spin last month when a cut seemed on the cards.

Unless I missed it, Declan has not even mentioned it this morning and the annoying Julia Caesar has been conspicuous by her absence compared with last month when, in the weeks preceding the MPC meeting, she seemed to be on every five minutes talking up the prospect of a cut.

Julia Caesar has been conspicuous by her absence compared with last month when, in the weeks preceding the MPC meeting, she seemed to be on every five minutes talking up the prospect of a cut.

She's probably working on a special report on how the 'house price boom is back on' following the August figures from the Halifx showing a 1.6% rise.... <_<

Sort of thing I'd expect from the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4223032.stm

Bank poised to leave rates steady 

The Bank of England's rate setting committee is widely expected to keep interest rates on hold at 4.5% at the end of its two-day meeting on Thursday.

Are these rate meetings fake and purely a publicit stunt themselves?

How come well before the last meeting had even started banks and building societies were lopping off a 1/4% or more off their savings rates?

It makes you wonder.

She's probably working on a special report on how the 'house price boom is back on' following the August figures from the Halifx showing a 1.6% rise....  <_<

Sort of thing I'd expect from the BBC.

ironic really that the figures reported by the halifax is a driver for NOT cutting rates. :)

How come well before the last meeting had even started banks and building societies were lopping off a 1/4% or more off their savings rates?

It's because they tend to use interest rate futures to set savings/mortgage rates. These are determined by market expectations of future interest rate movements, rather than actual movements.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Six hold and three up. Mervyn, Large, and Tucker. :D

That would put the cat among the pidgeons. :rolleyes:

Guest The_Oldie
Rate cut in October according to some berks (sorry, experts).

Now there's a surprise :lol:. The VIs will always shine some light at the end of the tunnel, it's their job <_<.

Some interview on R4 - wish I'd picked up a name. Interviewee came out with something like "When interest rates are cut again in October". Sorry, that should be berk / expert in the singular.

Edited by gruffydd

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I will await the minutes and voting of the MPC members. Any votes for a raise and up they will go in the future alongside the Fed.

My prediction is six for a hold and three for a raise.

Now comments like that'll bring me out of the cracks.  Where'd you hear it?

You will hear it from anyone who is maxed out on their mortgage. <_<

Some interview on R4 - wish I'd picked up a name. Interviewee came out with something like "When interest rates are cut again in October". Sorry, that should be berk / expert in the singular.

I asked because the earliest I'd heard of expectations for another cut was November, I think Oct would be too early in most peoples opinions, but you never know.

I will await the minutes and voting of the MPC members. Any votes for a raise and up they will go in the future alongside the Fed.

My prediction is six for a hold and three for a raise.

You will hear it from anyone who is maxed out on their mortgage.  <_<

Fed on hold now to help with the New Orleans problem so they say....

who's cracks ? anyone we know??????

Kirsty's cracks??? :lol: