House Price Crash Forum

Irish Revolution

headmelter

HOLA441
HOLA442

Cut and cut again and no strategy for growth.

Tory stalwart David Davis was similarly critical of Camoron in today's Mail.

Taking the Republic as a model for economic management is wrong in itself and completely inappropriate for the UK .

A cement mixer is novel, though. More fun than a few placards.

HOLA443

Taking the Republic as a model for economic management is wrong in itself and completely inappropriate for the UK .

The IMF likes it. The OECD likes it. The City likes it. That's all matters - the peasants can rot for all they care.

HOLA444

"Camoron"

Can you stop this playground thing of miss-spelling people's names in an attempt to be funny or satyrical? Please, it's never in the slightest bit amusing. Like Gordon Clown or Mandleslime or Hilarity Clit-on or Ed Balls, it's just pathetic. And not at all amusing. It's the sort of thing you do at primary school.

Please stop it, hilltwat, this site should be better than that.

HOLA445
HOLA446

"Camoron"

Can you stop this playground thing of miss-spelling people's names in an attempt to be funny or satyrical? Please, it's never in the slightest bit amusing. Like Gordon Clown or Mandleslime or Hilarity Clit-on or Ed Balls, it's just pathetic. And not at all amusing. It's the sort of thing you do at primary school.

...Ed Balls....is no misspell...correct me if I'm wrong hyphenod....?..... :rolleyes:

HOLA447

Please, it's never in the slightest bit amusing. Like Gordon Clown or Mandleslime or Hilarity Clit-on or Ed Balls, it's just pathetic. And not at all amusing. It's the sort of thing you do at primary school.

LOL, I don't know if you meant to be funny or not, but your post is seriously funny!

HOLA448

+1 There's none so blind as them that won't see.

Kill the Anglo-Irish Bank! Kill! Kill! Kill!

HOLA449
HOLA4410

"Camoron"

The really scary thing about this site is the number of people who didn't realise you were joking...

HOLA4411

I was going to ask why isn't this being reported on ore over here? It seems the desperation of the situation is being totally masked. This actually scares me a bit for what will happen here in a few weeks when the spending review thing is announced.

I assume everyone's just heard about the Irish bank bailout?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSDUL00005720100930

(Reuters) - Ireland's central bank has put a 34 billion euros ($46.31 billion) price on bailing out Anglo Irish Bank [ANGIB.UL] under a worst case scenario and said Allied Irish Banks (ALBK.I) needs to raise an additional 3 billion euros by the end of the year.

The government will announce later on Thursday plans to recapitalise Allied Irish Banks, the central bank said. Dublin already has a near 19 percent stake in the lender.

"Today's announcements take the Irish banking system closer to a final resolution of its restructuring, which is a prerequisite for sustained economic recovery" Central Bank Governor Patrick Honohan said in statement.

The central bank said the additional cost of recapitalising Anglo Irish Bank and Allied Irish Banks confirmed the need for a reprogramming of the government's budget plans.

HOLA4412

"Camoron"

i dunno i thought Bliar was pretty good

Edited by Ruffneck

HOLA4413

I was going to ask why isn't this being reported on ore over here? It seems the desperation of the situation is being totally masked. This actually scares me a bit for what will happen here in a few weeks when the spending review thing is announced.

I assume everyone's just heard about the Irish bank bailout?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSDUL00005720100930

Irish deficit just gone to 32% of GDP for this year alone.............and those figures come with a massive health warning!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0930/breaking4.html

HOLA4414

"Camoron"

Better tell Private Eye. They've been using the same joke since 1960. I actually do think it's funny. But clearly I'm a 43 year old kid.

HOLA4415

Irish deficit just gone to 32% of GDP for this year alone.............and those figures come with a massive health warning!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0930/breaking4.html

My worry is that the 34 bn euro is the worst case scenario. Past experience says that something will still be hidden and that figure is really the best case scenario.

HOLA4416

So what exactly is your counter proposal then ?. Sometimes you need to restructure before growth is possible. That restructuring can be very painful.

HOLA4417

So what exactly is your counter proposal then ?. Sometimes you need to restructure before growth is possible. That restructuring can be very painful.

Require the Banks to fund a major programme of Council Housing, they have the money now.

Take the land required from the land banks the building industry is sitting on, at the price they paid.

Building is a direct and full benefit to the economy.

Council Housing is more revenue efficient than housing benefit.

Repeal right to buy.

Who will the pain fall on? No-one who doesn't deserve some!