House Price Crash Forum
exiges

So.. A Man Goes Into A Petrol Station.

I was in the queue to pay for fuel today, behind some very posh yummy mummy types talking about their house moves.. one of them says without even a glimmer of irony that they're waiting until next year "when house prices are at their peak again" before selling up. The other one nodded in agreement, "we're doing the very same thing."

You're going to have to wait alot longer than that I thought.

I was in the queue to pay for fuel today, behind some very posh yummy mummy types talking about their house moves.. one of them says without even a glimmer of irony that they're waiting until next year "when house prices are at their peak again" before selling up. The other one nodded in agreement, "we're doing the very same thing."

I hope you explained how the house they wanted to buy would also be at it's peak, and assuming they were trading up, cost them comparatively more.

If I owned an average house and needed or wanted to trade up, I would be cheering a crash more than I am doing now!

I wonder if they'll sound quite so smugly self-assured after hearing tomorrow's figures?

I wonder if they'll sound quite so smugly self-assured after hearing tomorrow's figures?

They probably won't even notice. Doubt they know that prices have fallen for the last two months.

Surely it's the duty of us all to burst out laughing very loudly in situations like these! :lol:

We have the problems with friends, workmates and family outlined in the "are we evil" thread, but with complete strangers you'll never see again there is some potential gain to be had, nothing to lose etc. Every little helps!

I hope you explained how the house they wanted to buy would also be at it's peak, and assuming they were trading up, cost them comparatively more.

Not true. The houses they want to buy will be falling in price whereas their houses' price will be gently wafted up by the scent of freshly baked bread and supported by twigs in vases.

Edited by Stop The Ride

Sadly the bulls have been right most of the time and if there's QE2 then who knows, we could see peak prices next year!! :blink:

There was plenty of QE in America and low interest rates, but that didn't stop house prices from crashing.

I bet they had just read the Daily Express headline.

There was plenty of QE in America and low interest rates, but that didn't stop house prices from crashing.

But they didn't have the magic of SMI bailouts for all