House Price Crash Forum

Newsnight

exiges

HOLA441

So we've had 2 days solid of Newsnight covering the election of the shadow leader (stuff that isn't going to affect anyone for a long time, if at all), and not a single mention about the goings on with various members of the BoE (stuff that affects us all)

I presume even more of it tonight..

HOLA442
HOLA443

It was pretty embarrassing watching the BBC trumpeting the "rebirth" of the Labour party on the 10 o'clock news last night. What are their new policies? Who's going to be in the shadow cabinet? What will be the relationship between the parliamentary party, the rank and file and the unions? Honestly it's a joke calling it a rebirth at this point, the party is most likely out of the running for at least another parliament or two and yet the BBC is treating them like a government in waiting.

HOLA444

Their grandfather was a Zionist you know, not comfortable about the Milibands having control of the Labour Party at all, even if they won't have a shot at the the reigns for a while.

My Grandfather threw a grenade into a German machine gun nest during the Battle of the Somme in a manic act of revenge after his eldest son was killed by a bomb dropped from a Zeppelin flying over Folkestone. He killed half a dozen poor bastards and got mentioned in despatches for his efforts plus a battlefield commission.

That bit of family history has not impacted me at all.

My objection to Edward is that he has no vision, little leadership charisma and looks like a fool. On the other hand, David Cameron is none of those IMO.

HOLA445
HOLA446

My Grandfather threw a grenade into a German machine gun nest during the Battle of the Somme in a manic act of revenge after his eldest son was killed by a bomb dropped from a Zeppelin flying over Folkestone. He killed half a dozen poor bastards and got mentioned in despatches for his efforts plus a battlefield commission.

My objection to Edward is that he has no vision, little leadership charisma and looks like a fool. On the other hand, David Cameron is none of those IMO.

Not quite the same thing. But to be fair to him, he criticised the Iraq war in his speech, but then again, just like those 'Liberal Anarchist American Citizens' captured 'hiking' on the Iranian border, things are not always the same as they are made to appear.

HOLA447

The good thing for us is that he still looks like a toff to the working classes.. infact he looks like the guy that was always school prefect, had no friends other than wedgies to keep him company.

Yes,career politician all the way,no principles unsellable, exception being keep the brown envelopes flowing via discrete intermediary, where's David.

HOLA448

Not surprising, since you weren't in the German trenches. :ph34r:

Yeh, yeh, and Sarah Palin was gonna win the election for McCain. :lol::lol: