House Price Crash Forum
zsuzsanna

Buying An Empty Property

Looking for some ideas from you folks. I have found an empty property. Did the Land Registry search which came back with one owner registered at a diffrent address in the UK where he does not live at. The Local Authority has no info on it either where the owner lives. The name of the owner is not British it is Chinese. Any ideas how can I try to track him down? I have even considered a private detective :)

Looking for some ideas from you folks. I have found an empty property. Did the Land Registry search which came back with one owner registered at a diffrent address in the UK where he does not live at. The Local Authority has no info on it either where the owner lives. The name of the owner is not British it is Chinese. Any ideas how can I try to track him down? I have even considered a private detective :)

Look through the letterbox. If there isn't a pile of post, pop a letter through explaining that you want to buy.

If there's a pile of adverts but no letters, post a letter to the address in the hope that mail is being redirected.

Just move in to the property and change the locks.

If you haven't heard anything for 10 years apply for the title to be transferred to you.

^ this. HPC-dream and I will split the EA fees, thanks.