House Price Crash Forum

5 Million Trapped In Dead End Jobs

goldilocksporridge

HOLA441

Set yourself up as a life coach for the newly unemployed. There'll be a load of former public sector employees out there with redundancy cheques burning a hole in their pockets.

Become bicycle repair man. A lot of Britain's newly unemployed/economically inactive middle class seem to have become born again Lance Armstrongs - it's an ill-wind yadda, yadda, yadda.

kinda missed the point, what about the other 4,999,998 well paid stimulating opportunities?

HOLA442

kinda missed the point, what about the other 4,999,998 well paid stimulating opportunities?

i was talking to a guy who was in prison, and he was telling me you could do jobs in prison to earn extra cash - to buy goodies like chocolate, cigarettes etc - not that much just enough to buy treats every week.

I was thinking, you know a dead end minimum wage job vs a prisoner who is financially better off?

HOLA443
HOLA444

I am quite naturally ambitious, I don't expect career success to hand me total fulfilment and happyness but "doing well", progessing at work and earning good money bring me pleasure.

My ideal scenario is to earn enough money fast enough, young enough to then stop working or move to a low paid job to keep ticking over. I don't want to pay the governement a single penny more than I have to.

If I'm lucky in 10years I'll be stacking shelves or working behind a bar and I will consider that the pinacle of my career.

You won't get those jobs as you will be over qualified.

Archived