House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gundog

Police To Get Immunity

The mail on sunday published an article on the 28th of August saying that they are trying to get immunity from prosecution for police marksmen who shoot to kill a suspected suicide bomber. Mentioning this to a friend who is in Iraq at the moment caused him to froth at the mouth.

Soldiers on operations do not get such immunity. Vis-a-vis the trooper from the RTR who waited for 2 years before the Judge threw out his case.

Is this another example of a politicised policeforce being granterd favours while an independent and non-political army has to work under the tightest of legal scritiny with court martial for stepping out of line.

To quote my friend, "The army will never stand for being politicised like the police and civil service, if we were led by a$$ kissing yes men, I would be getting out"

With the recent example of Tim Collins and Jorge Mendonca both Commanding Officers of regiments, being put under investigation, Collins cleared and Mendonca still waiting, is this government trying to do a bloodless Stalinist purge of the army to rid it of capable leaders and replace them with useless sycophants?

Discuss.

is this government trying to do a bloodless Stalinist purge of the army to rid it of capable leaders and replace them with useless sycophants?

Well, it worked for the police...

And, heck, what's the point of being a cop if you can't break the law with impunity?

Guest growl
To quote my friend, "The army will never stand for being politicised like the police and civil service, if we were led by a$$ kissing yes men, I would be getting out"

... is this government trying to do a bloodless Stalinist purge of the army to rid it of capable leaders and replace them with useless sycophants?

Discuss.

Same thing with the civil service. Remember Dr.Kelly and the sexed up dossier. The dossier kept getting sent back untill it said the right thing(according to number 10).

The civil service, the police force and now its looking like the Army and who next. Basically anybody that works for the government directly or indirectly(BBC) who were previously impartial, now have to suck ass. Its corruption. Its the slow slippery slide to communism. This government were leading us to communism with a smile. But now that these extra powers are gong to come in...who's smiling? :ph34r: