House Price Crash Forum

It's Become Impossible To Buy In Paris

HOLA441

http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/2010/09/27/a-paris-acheter-un-logement-devient-quasi-impossible_1416522_3234.html

One horrific anecdote concerns a dancer who lives in a 40m2 apartment bought for her and her sister by their parents in 1995 for 60k euros. It's now 'worth' 220k so she is buying out her sister's half for 110k made up of 23k of her savings and an 18 year loan!

HOLA442

http://www.lemonde.f...16522_3234.html

One horrific anecdote concerns a dancer who lives in a 40m2 apartment bought for her and her sister by their parents in 1995 for 60k euros. It's now 'worth' 220k so she is buying out her sister's half for 110k made up of 23k of her savings and an 18 year loan!

Warning - it's in foreign.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It's nearly 9000 euros a square metre where I live according to meilleursagents.com, and looking in the local immobilier window, that seems about right. It's pretty insane, and totally overpriced, but then you can find better value in the suburbs. It's not that unusual to find families living in 25m2 studio apartments. Even 15m2 could set you back 178,000 odd euros - http://annonces-immobilieres.drimki.fr/142548

HOLA449

It's nearly 9000 euros a square metre where I live according to meilleursagents.com, and looking in the local immobilier window, that seems about right. It's pretty insane, and totally overpriced, but then you can find better value in the suburbs. It's not that unusual to find families living in 25m2 studio apartments. Even 15m2 could set you back 178,000 odd euros - http://annonces-immobilieres.drimki.fr/142548

Close to schools. How convenient. Even if it was one child with a single parent 15m carré is truly 3rd world living.

HOLA4410

Close to schools. How convenient. Even if it was one child with a single parent 15m carré is truly 3rd world living.

They're some of the best state school's in the country, but like you say, who wants to live in a glorifed box all for the sake of location.

With a second child on the way, I'm leaving the city because adding an extra bedroom or two basically means you have to be a millionarie. As far as cities go it is a very nice place to live, and I've enjoyed my few years here.

Gruffydd is right - I hear a great many Americans when I walk the streets, but very rarely any British, though I know there's supposed to be plenty about. I think certain parts of Paris have always been very popular with the Americans. There's also a large number of Portuguese throughout Paris; they tend to manage the apartments of the wealthy, quite a lot work on the black, living in very crampled living quarters, and then retiring pretty well off back in Portugal.

HOLA4411

- I hear a great many Americans when I walk the streets, but very rarely any British,

Hi troll i see that you have changed your avator before it was two cows sh*gging but now its the muppet's just like you a muppet

I love your French property news or rather your no french property news seeing as you do not live in France

I can understand that you are bored with the British Total farmer's forum

Lets be honest its totally brain dead nothing more than a bunch of EAs who are trying to sell there French Dumps

Even your posts are boring and pointless

But seeing as you meet so many Americans in Paris everyday can you please tell me just how many Americans live in France?

I will give you a clue they account for 0,00156% of the population of France

Btw whats the weather like in London afterall its where you live mate

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Even for you Redwine, those are some pretty sour grapes. I do pity the bitterness and resentment that frequently pops up in your posts; life evidently has not been very kind to you.

Not at all

I only post real French Property News that anybody can find !!! (all i do is to translate a few phrases)

Why don't you go back to where you are from the Total France Forum?

Afterall there is no up to date French Property News on this EAs Forum (its forbidden)

They are selling the dream aren't they :lol:

Anyway you still have not answered my question have you ?

So seeing as you hear so many American voices in Paris( even though you do not live in France)

Just answer my question how many Americans live in France?

But you can't because like 99% of Brits who buy property in France they don't live in France

They only encourage others to buy there dumps

BTW quiet happy working next to Genevea wife and kids with a very good pay looking forward to going ski-ing when the snow will soon fall !

HOLA4414

You seemed to miss the part where the topic was about Paris, not France, and I merely stated my anecdotal, that I hear an awful lot of Americans in the district where I live, as the majority of American expats (few though they may be), congregate to the capital (around 1/3 of the total number of American expats in France, live in Paris). I never stated that was representative of France as a whole, but you seem to have a natural way of twisting things to meet your own ends.

I have no desire, or need to prove who has the biggest weener, so if you don't believe anything I say, I shan't be losing any sleep over it.

I neither desire to know about your life, but evidentally your posts contradict your alledged contentment, otherwise you wouldn't be spitting sour grapes every evening, only digging up stories that align with your biased views. Anybody can spend a minute or two on Leboncoin or Se Loger and find ridiculously overpriced properties. Should the French market ever improve in the coming years, and you can leave behind the life you've tired of, I hope you can learn to relax and enjoy life for what it is.

Edited by You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4415

Gruffydd is right - I hear a great many Americans when I walk the streets, but very rarely any British, though I know there's supposed to be plenty about. I think certain parts of Paris have always been very popular with the Americans.

Correct. Some central districts seem to attract them.

Most of the Yanks will be on secondment, so renting. Some students on Uni/gap years. Also renting.

Maybe they enjoy the reasonable rents, compared to say London or Tokyo?

I doubt they have much impact on Parisien selling prices.