House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

Citibank

I have been trying to transfer str funds all in 1 go, over the phone from a citibank account to my nominated account(santander).No problem, i was told by the Indian call centre, Someone will phone you on your landline to confirm this. The phone call never came.Rang them back, was told someone did ring, but the line was engaged. I immediately went into panic mode, as i now had bank staff telling me lies.And my bonus period had expired,so i was now on 1%aer.Phoned back telling them to cancel transfer, as i would do it online(max £10k per day).Noticed after 5 days, funds were still with Citibank. Phoned them yet again, and was told i still had to receive a call from them before funds are released. This is fraud, pure and simple. With this "system", they can just keep your money, and claim no one was home, or line engaged, when they deliberately don`t phone. I really don`t know what to do now, as there does not appear to be a complaints dept for this bunch of crooks.

I have been trying to transfer str funds all in 1 go, over the phone from a citibank account to my nominated account(santander).No problem, i was told by the Indian call centre, Someone will phone you on your landline to confirm this. The phone call never came.Rang them back, was told someone did ring, but the line was engaged. I immediately went into panic mode, as i now had bank staff telling me lies.And my bonus period had expired,so i was now on 1%aer.Phoned back telling them to cancel transfer, as i would do it online(max £10k per day).Noticed after 5 days, funds were still with Citibank. Phoned them yet again, and was told i still had to receive a call from them before funds are released. This is fraud, pure and simple. With this "system", they can just keep your money, and claim no one was home, or line engaged, when they deliberately don`t phone. I really don`t know what to do now, as there does not appear to be a complaints dept for this bunch of crooks.

You need to call the FSA on 08456061234 8am in the morning.

Not that it helps you much, but I need to move my money out of Citibank later this month and now have a better insight of how (not) to go about it.

Actually, they wrote to me to say the one year bonus rate was nearly up - strange business model - telling me effectively to move my cash to another bank, which is just what I'll do.

I have about £40k to move out soon as well. Please let me know how you get on. I don't even have a landline! :huh:

I think the trick is to just transfer it piecemeal online. The "mistake" i made, was to phone them, and ask for a largish amount to be transferred in one go (because of their £10k per day limit). When i cancelled this arrangement due to their failure to comfirm transaction (i.e.phone my landline), their security put a block on me moving it online as well, without them phoning me.

Is EGG now Citigroup?

Just spent a fraught few hours with my parents who have had a letter saying they will no longer be sent paper statements on their internet a/c. (How they ended up with an internet a/c when they don't have a computer is another story). Anyhow this sort of corporate fascism really gets on my t1ts - They have a considerable amount of cash from an elderly and vulnerable couple and are about to stop sending statements.

It's pretty much blatant theft in my book. Sooooo.......after much calming of nerves and so on we shall now see how tortuous a process it will be try and relocate said funds into a bankster that actually has a front door.

The world's gone completely insane. :angry:

Tried to move some money from citi earlier today got an error saying that they couldn't make the payment at this time. Probably just a technical issue

Is EGG now Citigroup?

Just spent a fraught few hours with my parents who have had a letter saying they will no longer be sent paper statements on their internet a/c. (How they ended up with an internet a/c when they don't have a computer is another story). Anyhow this sort of corporate fascism really gets on my t1ts - They have a considerable amount of cash from an elderly and vulnerable couple and are about to stop sending statements.

It's pretty much blatant theft in my book. Sooooo.......after much calming of nerves and so on we shall now see how tortuous a process it will be try and relocate said funds into a bankster that actually has a front door.

The world's gone completely insane. :angry:

Why is that in any way "corporate facism" or "completely insane"? How is it "blatant theft"?

All they've done is stopped posting statements which is a wise move in a lot of respects. If it doesn't fit with your parents then they should (and it seems will) exercise their right to move the money somewhere else. Can I suggest some perspective, geez... :rolleyes:

A couple of years ago there was a post on this site about the terms and conditions of some Citigroup accounts which meant that moving large amounts of money from their bank to another could be made very difficult. I cannot find the story, but I came to the conclusion at the time it could take you a year to move 250k or similar, because they could limit you to moving USD$1000 per day. This is a fuzzy recolleciton, but it was something like that.

Also note the following story from a little while ago:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/189763-citigroup-can-limit-demand-deposit-withdrawals-money-funds-can-too

Personally, I wouldn't have a thing to do with them.