House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kenny dalglish

Ashcroft Still Not Paying Tax

It's funny. but any manufactured post from The Daily Hate about single mums/dole scroungers/feckless youths/your-own-personal-minority-hate and it gets posted religiously on these boards. Yet whenever the real story gets even a passing mention in the press, it bareley causes a ripple on these boards. shhhh I will say it quietly as not to spook the sheep...man who has paid no tax in this country for 10 years is a lord, sits in the second house and gets to have an effect on legislation that effects the life of you and me. Or what about the "businessman" Philip Green that is the personification of greed, who after getting 900Million in a dividend pay out, chooses to pay it to his wife and thus escapes the CG of 300 million pounds, so he trousers 1.2 billion. His reward ? why he is made a special advisor to the tories.

Looks like the propoganda of the right wing press have done the job on at least 90% of the posters on these threads I reckon.

Still, nothing to see here, move along, keep bashing johnny foreigner, immigrants, public sector workers etc there's a good fellow ...

Just the same as Gordo's big mate Lord Paul.

Non dom pays no tax here, big donations to the Labour party, sits in the house of Lords.

Yep, but rather than this a quid pro quo ie Tories have these people in positions of power, so do labour ergo we are "quits", I think the bigger question is that perhaps these people - irrespective of their political hue - are the real problem, rather than the bloke next door.

It's funny. but any manufactured post from The Daily Hate about single mums/dole scroungers/feckless youths/your-own-personal-minority-hate and it gets posted religiously on these boards. Yet whenever the real story gets even a passing mention in the press, it bareley causes a ripple on these boards. shhhh I will say it quietly as not to spook the sheep...man who has paid no tax in this country for 10 years is a lord, sits in the second house and gets to have an effect on legislation that effects the life of you and me. Or what about the "businessman" Philip Green that is the personification of greed, who after getting 900Million in a dividend pay out, chooses to pay it to his wife and thus escapes the CG of 300 million pounds, so he trousers 1.2 billion. His reward ? why he is made a special advisor to the tories.

Looks like the propoganda of the right wing press have done the job on at least 90% of the posters on these threads I reckon.

Still, nothing to see here, move along, keep bashing johnny foreigner, immigrants, public sector workers etc there's a good fellow ...

I`ll think you find `some` of us share Nicky Soames view of Mr Green.....

We'll get Vince to call him a 'spiv'. That's keep the plebe happy for a few years.

Can I remind you all that we all in this together.

So- repeat three times;

We are all in this together

Feels good, doesn't it? :D

Can I remind you all that we all in this together.

So- repeat three times;

Feels good, doesn't it? :D

Are you a Senior Local Community Outreach Diversity Wellbeing Officer?

So, is this a left wing propaganda then?

Philips Green certainly can pay more tax if he chooses to, but it is just ridiculous to say he don't pay tax. He is on a full UK salary of I think £150k or so which is subjected to

normal taxation. So, from earned income, he pays 60k ish of tax, maybe that is too little for you but that is more than what is paid by most people.

On the other hand, the Red labour leader apparently entered into a deeds of variation to avoid IHT as well in 1994 while other 'Your please Save the Africa' lots also don't pay as much tax as they should either. Think even those £100k+TUC leaders have ISA accounts and don't hesitate to claim principle residence CGT exemption and use their CGT limit when applicable ( as opposed to pay more tax than needed)

I suppose when you say CG you mean Capital Gain? Since when dividend attracts capital gain tax? Dividend are paid out from company's profit after 28% - 30% corporation tax was paid and VAT are paid. Dividend is treated as income and a 25% (when top rate was 40%) on the dividend received is payable by the recipient of the dividend when the recipient is a higher income tax payer. He did not pay 42%ish on that earning, but he did pay 30% or so for it (his scheme was more complex BHS etc borrowed money against some 'paper' item on the P&L in order to pay the dividend).

Mind you that a lot of foreigner who invest in the UK (the same people who bid up prime London house prices) also don't pay tax on the dividend received. UK don't even bother to apply a dividend witholding tax on those payments (France/Germany will withhold 25% tax on dividend paid to non resident).

As for Lord Ashcroft - I would think he is paying taxes on any UK earning. Even if he has no UK earnings (unlikely), he would still have to pay the £35k no-dom escape fee - so he probably pay more tax than most people. The problem here is that he is non domicile for tax purposes - think we should not allow a non domicile to sit in the house of lord - but that is not a 'tax' matter.

Unfair? Of course. So, some of these discrepancies can of course be addressed via land based taxation or a wealth based passport tax.

Edited by easybetman

So, is this a left wing propaganda then?

Philips Green certainly can pay more tax if he chooses to, but it is just ridiculous to say he don't pay tax. He is on a full UK salary of I think £150k or so which is subjected to

normal taxation. So, from earned income, he pays 60k ish of tax, maybe that is too little for you but that is more than what is paid by most people.

On the other hand, the Red labour leader apparently entered into a deeds of variation to avoid IHT as well in 1994 while other 'Your please Save the Africa' lots also don't pay as much tax as they should either. Think even those £100k+TUC leaders have ISA accounts and don't hesitate to claim principle residence CGT exemption and use their CGT limit when applicable ( as opposed to pay more tax than needed)

I suppose when you say CG you mean Capital Gain? Since when dividend attracts capital gain tax? Dividend are paid out from company's profit after 28% - 30% corporation tax was paid and VAT are paid. Dividend is treated as income and a 25% (when top rate was 40%) on the dividend received is payable by the recipient of the dividend when the recipient is a higher income tax payer. He did not pay 42%ish on that earning, but he did pay 30% or so for it (his scheme was more complex BHS etc borrowed money against some 'paper' item on the P&L in order to pay the dividend).

Mind you that a lot of foreigner who invest in the UK (the same people who bid up prime London house prices) also don't pay tax on the dividend received. UK don't even bother to apply a dividend witholding tax on those payments (France/Germany will withhold 25% tax on dividend paid to non resident).

As for Lord Ashcroft - I would think he is paying taxes on any UK earning. Even if he has no UK earnings (unlikely), he would still have to pay the £35k no-dom escape fee - so he probably pay more tax than most people. The problem here is that he is non domicile for tax purposes - think we should not allow a non domicile to sit in the house of lord - but that is not a 'tax' matter.

Unfair? Of course. So, some of these discrepancies can of course be addressed via land based taxation or a wealth based passport tax.

The problem is he's a f***** parasite.

If everyone else in the UK is hit by a 50% tax bracket for earnings over ~100K on worldwide income why isnt he? Is he somehow special?

And lets say he doesnt pay uk tax on outside uk earnings, but then does he pay tax in the countries in which he does earn those monies? No he doesnt do that either.

He and other's like him feed on the economies in which they are hosts, greatly benefiting, but making miniscule contributions to those economies.

As I said a f****** parasite.

Well, if I win the £82 million Euro Jackpot on Friday I will have to become a Tax Exile.

Agreed. And anyone who says they wouldn't is either an idiot or a liar.

He and other's like him feed on the economies in which they are hosts, greatly benefiting, but making miniscule contributions to those economies*.

As I said a f****** parasite.

*Other than the jobs & benefits they provide, and the money they spend, creating more jobs. But other than that, which is larger than the contribution most people make, they make miniscule contributions to those economies.

Well, if I win the £82 million Euro Jackpot on Friday I will have to become a Tax Exile. Even if they offer me a seat in the House of Lords it still won`t get me to return.

Advice please for the best Country to move to. :D

I suggest you speak to the Rolling Stone's tax advisors.

The Rolling Stones have paid just 1.6% tax on their earnings of £242m over the past 20 years, it emerged yesterday.

I suggest you speak to the Rolling Stone's tax advisors.

The Rolling Stones have paid just 1.6% tax on their earnings of £242m over the past 20 years, it emerged yesterday.

They've been practically on-tour constantly over those years, so they could probably claim domicile anywhere.

Even the Spice Girls had to disappear out of the UK for a year to rake in about £25m each

Edited by exiges

*Other than the jobs & benefits they provide, and the money they spend, creating more jobs. But other than that, which is larger than the contribution most people make, they make miniscule contributions to those economies.

So on that basis if we pay factory workers a million pounds a year each their amplified spending will create jobs too- which justifies the high pay they get? Sounds a bit odd to me.

Still- if you are happy to ruled by people who do not themselves obey the spirit of the rules they legislate for you then Ashcroft is your man.

So on that basis if we pay factory workers a million pounds a year each their amplified spending will create jobs too- which justifies the high pay they get? Sounds a bit odd to me.

Still- if you are happy to ruled by people who do not themselves obey the spirit of the rules they legislate for you then Ashcroft is your man.

looks like something going on with this Lord ashcroft whoever he is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11423777

also the story is being censored by the government and media ordered not to report?

The BBC itself is of course pretty good at playing the tax system.

------

BBC advises stars on avoiding tax
MANY of the BBC’s highest-paid presenters have set up service companies that help them to pay less tax and will enable them to escape the full impact of Labour’s 50% levy on the rich.
Long-serving stars including Jeremy Paxman, Fiona Bruce and James Naughtie have set themselves up as freelance contractors rather than staffers.
The device enables the BBC and its presenters to lower their tax bills legally, leaving the rest of the country to shoulder a larger burden.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6860238.ece' rel="external nofollow">

I have just submitted my P85 to HMRC. Non Dom is the way to go.

As long as you boys keep topping up the shortfall on my Local Govt pension scheme (from an earlier life) you won't hear any complaints from me :P