House Price Crash Forum

Retired Youth

HOLA441

Some of you are getting worked up about kidadults, it's quite likely you are one yourself. Still living at home with your parents, now in your 40s waiting for the HPC still. At the other end of the spectrum (and economy), are the retired youth/young adults. They graduate from the council estate with 3 children, mental incapacity (or various other dla paying conditions) and a 3 bed house. Their working life is over, they spent 'proper ages' filling out the benefit forms, now the pension rolls in.

With the rapid increase in retired youth and a declining kidadult and adult working age population, we have a pension deficit, that will only grow higher. The retired youth push up house prices (with their housing benefits for the hardworking private landlords).

I'd be more inclined to think we have a generation of people retiring in their late teens and twenties, rather than infantile adults (who just happen to be getting paid a very small amount and have diminishing amount of economic power (a lower share of the GDP)).

Edited by Unemployed Youth

HOLA442

With the rapid increase in retired youth and a declining kidadult and adult working age population, we have a pension deficit, that will only grow higher.

'pension deficit' just doesn't seem to cut it for me. It's not an oxymoron but I'm sure there's a way to describe the lack of logic in this sentence.

For a deficit to exist surely you'd have to have something in there to begin with or something (anything) in the 'pension' so that use of the word 'deficit' is meaningful. Can nothing be in deficit?

Fascinating....

I think I'll get me coat now.