House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

City Banks Forecast Double Dip In Housing Market

City forecaster Morgan Stanley has said that Britain’s housing market is set for a double dip, while Deutsche Bank said that UK house prices remain ‘precariously high’.

US investment bank Morgan Stanley is forecasting that UK house prices will fall by 7%-18% by the end of next year.

Its UK economist Melanie Baker said: “Affordability looks stretched and house prices look over-valued. We don’t think that a weak recovery in supply is enough to prevent a double dip.”

George Buckley, an economist at Deutsche Bank, warned house prices could fall more sharply next year when interest rates rise. He argued that UK house prices had fallen much less than in the US and that they remained precariously high.

http://www.introducertoday.co.uk/News/Story/?storyid=3489&title=City_banks_forecast_double_dip_in_housing_market&type=news_features

By giving them the 'airtime' it is becoming self fufilling.

They are talking the market down - just ignore them!

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Gag banks AND estate agents and id be happy.

Scary thing is, BBC actually act as a conduit to estate agents, whereas they generally ignore bankers unless its Krugman, Blancheflower or another of Liebours hired muscle.

This guy writing in the comments section has to be one of us though!

Posted By wooden top on Monday 27th September 2010 09:51:33

The writings on the wall and has been for some time. If this is right anyone who has bought in say the last 6 years won't be able to sell without negative equity for many years. So should agents now only be considering properties bought before this time as the core market of "saleable?"

Edited by koala_bear

US investment bank Morgan Stanley is forecasting that UK house prices will fall by 7%-18% by the end of next year.

Amazed they have the time to ponder the future at the UK side of the pond when there is a spot of bother back home.

Thousands Of JPMorgan Home Foreclosures In Doubt After (Perjurious) Firm Exec Confirms Loan Docs Were Not Verified

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/here-they-come-thousands-jpmorgan-home-foreclosures-doubt-after-perjurious-firm-exec-confirm

We don’t think that a weak recovery in supply is enough to prevent a double dip.

WTF :unsure:

I struggled with that myself - badly worded, but I think they mean: "Lack of supply caused the 2009 'Spring bounce', but following the abolition of HIPS in May 2010 the supply of new properties for sale increased dramatically. Although the supply of new properties on the market for sale is now weakening again, such weakening will not be sufficient to prop up prices once again."

Might be giving them too much credit, though.

I struggled with that myself - badly worded, but I think they mean: "Lack of supply caused the 2009 'Spring bounce', but following the abolition of HIPS in May 2010 the supply of new properties for sale increased dramatically. Although the supply of new properties on the market for sale is now weakening again, such weakening will not be sufficient to prop up prices once again."

Might be giving them too much credit, though.

yes i think that's it.

They are just talking down property so that they can go and buy every home in Britain on the Cheap.

They'll buy every house and then come round and change the locks - locking us all inside - give us laptops so that we work and are held in our slave boxes forver!

It's the exact opposite of "Pump and Dump"

You've been warned. :ph34r:

Yeah Yeah Yeah - Everyone's a bear...

The trick now is spotting the bottom.

Its a new paradigm. There is not bottom this time, at least not in our lifetimes.....

Cue: hideous evil genius laugh with reverb and shimmering chorus digital sound effects.

Its a new paradigm. There is not bottom this time, at least not in our lifetimes.....

Cue: hideous evil genius laugh with reverb and shimmering chorus digital sound effects.

You are Vincent Price and I claim my £5

They are just talking down property so that they can go and buy every home in Britain on the Cheap.

They'll buy every house and then come round and change the locks - locking us all inside - give us laptops so that we work and are held in our slave boxes forver!

It's the exact opposite of "Pump and Dump"

You've been warned. :ph34r:

:unsure::blink: