House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

We Are Going To Redecorate ....

The above was the hot news revealed to me this fine morn by a London couple awaiting the 'Olympic effect' to hit their Stratford investment'.

"Aren't you concerned about a glut of Olympic property for sale after the two weeks of folk running around in circles & throwing things?" asked my partner in his (almost) inimitable style

"Yes, we read about that risk which is why we are trying to get ahead now".

"May I ask how many viewings have you had in the last six months?"

"Err, one, but lots of enquiries".

:blink: Neither of us could bring ourselves to ask the next question. Who could?

Edited by Laura

I know someone who's moved down south and put a new kitchen in to his old house before he went. One viewing and they said the kitchen was a bit small in the 4 months since they went... (And he's suss about that cos he'd rung up the week before to ask if there'd been any interest...)

The above was the hot news revealed to me this fine morn by a London couple awaiting the 'Olympic effect' to hit their Stratford investment'.

"Aren't you concerned about a glut of Olympic property for sale after the two weeks of folk running around in circles & throwing things?" asked my partner in his (almost) inimitable style

"Yes, we read about that risk which is why we are trying to get ahead now".

"May I ask how many viewings have you had in the last six months?"

"Err, one, but lots of enquiries".

:blink: Neither could bring ourselves to ask the next question. Who could?

If you were a bloke, the next question would be - "FAncy going out for a beer tonight?"

Update (due to all the hundreds of PMs I have received desperate for more info)

:- Having met the couple again today I can reveal the secret of how redecoration translates into increase viewings when there have hardly been any viewings anyway.

Quote: "The agents will attach a sticker saying 'newly decorated' across the window display", said mrs couple, & she was being serious.

At this point diplomatic relations ceased as my partner, - already with tears rolling down his cheeks & a serviette stuffed in his mouth -, burst out laughing when I kicked him under the table.