House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Rightmove Versus Globrix

I have started to visit both RM and Globrix daily, in fact several times a day, to keep an eye on price drops, or not, as the case may be.

I had always assumed that RM was the tool of choice for EAs but I have noticed that Globrix often has houses up several hours before RM if not 24 or even 48s before.

I find this odd as I would assume, if I was an EA, I would merely be uploading the same property to different websites within a matter of minutes? After all, surely it is just a copy and paste and a few clicks?

I find it odd that Globrix appears to have houses up beforehand. A fellow HPCer told me back in the Summer that she found some houses listed on Globrix that never appeared on RM.

TMT in 'Is this all I have to worry about mode' :rolleyes:

I have started to visit both RM and Globrix daily, in fact several times a day, to keep an eye on price drops, or not, as the case may be.

I had always assumed that RM was the tool of choice for EAs but I have noticed that Globrix often has houses up several hours before RM if not 24 or even 48s before.

I find this odd as I would assume, if I was an EA, I would merely be uploading the same property to different websites within a matter of minutes? After all, surely it is just a copy and paste and a few clicks?

I find it odd that Globrix appears to have houses up beforehand. A fellow HPCer told me back in the Summer that she found some houses listed on Globrix that never appeared on RM.

TMT in 'Is this all I have to worry about mode' :rolleyes:

some systems are PUSH systems (estate agent has to click a button or send a file via admin) some systems are PULL systems (a data scraper of some sort parses the website of the EA and collects the data in an automated fashion).

I've seen an admin panel for RM that pushes the data, so assume this is the norm. Perhaps Globrix collects the data twice a day (or whatever) by automation - hence you seeing things that have never been "pushed" up to rightmove?

Just a thought....

some systems are PUSH systems (estate agent has to click a button or send a file via admin) some systems are PULL systems (a data scraper of some sort parses the website of the EA and collects the data in an automated fashion).

I've seen an admin panel for RM that pushes the data, so assume this is the norm. Perhaps Globrix collects the data twice a day (or whatever) by automation - hence you seeing things that have never been "pushed" up to rightmove?

Just a thought....

they have both a push and a pull (just to show off). The simplest to set up is the pull system and is almost certainly what is causing this. It does not specify how often the data is crawled but here's where I found the data feed information:

http://content.globrix.com/web-tools/8-technical-guide/58-how-can-i-provide-my-properties-to-globrix

I've stopped using Globrix recently, it used to be my tool of choice. Unlike the OP I found that properties were showing up on RM but not on Globrix.

I wish RM would allow keyword searches like PrimeLocation (and in a way Globrix)

I've stopped using Globrix recently, it used to be my tool of choice. Unlike the OP I found that properties were showing up on RM but not on Globrix.

I wish RM would allow keyword searches like PrimeLocation (and in a way Globrix)

I guess that's because RightMove actually provide the web sites for a lot of agents. Their own site is just the usual Home page and 'About' - the guts, the listings and search is all done on Rightmove.

I guess these aren't scrapable by Globrix.

Why the whole industry doesn't decamp en-masse to Globrix baffles me.