House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Errol

Market Rally But Nobody Is Trading

Further Confirmation On The Irrelevance Of Stock Markets

As the FT reports, September trading volumes are already 8% below August's, which in turn was the lowest in 3 years!

“You’re starting to see some real pain,” said Christopher Allen, an analyst at Ticonderoga Securities. “September is not a material improvement over August. Aside from possibly the US election, I’m not sure what the catalyst is for trading.” A record-long streak of outflows from equity mutual funds – now 20 successive weeks beginning in May, according to the Investment Company Institute – and reluctance by even normally bold hedge fund managers to take big bets has suggested that there are more than seasonal factors at work.

trading%20volume.gif

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/further-confirmation-irrelevance-stock-markets

As the FT reports, September trading volumes are already 8% below August's, which in turn was the lowest in 3 years!

“You’re starting to see some real pain,” said Christopher Allen, an analyst at Ticonderoga Securities. “September is not a material improvement over August. Aside from possibly the US election, I’m not sure what the catalyst is for trading.” A record-long streak of outflows from equity mutual funds – now 20 successive weeks beginning in May, according to the Investment Company Institute – and reluctance by even normally bold hedge fund managers to take big bets has suggested that there are more than seasonal factors at work.

trading%20volume.gif

Stock markets - jizzed up POS - everything that the central banks pump up in their megalomaniac attempts to cover the tracks of all their previous mistakes just makes the siutation worse.

They've gone for the big one this time - they have smeared their disgusting bubble over the whole economy. Not even the HFT trading sharks can keep the turnover going, just like housing the market is turning into a heap of hope.

The CPI as a measure is now utterly irrelevant to daily life.

Renters are going to fold - can't can't pay the rising bills.

Many elderly on fixed income are going to fold - many can't pay the bills.

The over-indebted - many of those are going to fold - even if you gave them the money they'd still piss it up against the wall and end up stuffed.

The currency has been devalued to increase exports - result - record or near record trade deficits - total failure just as predited.

Almost nobody has the moeny to fund their pensions any more, yes there wass a time when it was possible.

The whole lot - treasuries, stocks and housing no longer has any bearing to reality.

Edited by OnlyMe

trading%20volume.gif

Yeah, but the jist of the article is that the volume decrease is related to the HFT debacle earlier this year. HFT volumes were huge, so if they have reduced, it woyuld expolain the drop....

Yeah, but the jist of the article is that the volume decrease is related to the HFT debacle earlier this year. HFT volumes were huge, so if they have reduced, it woyuld expolain the drop....

part of it maybe, massive cash out by execs - not that they actually buy much themselves most of the time and sure I read that private investor purchases were down too.

Long term chart...

DowJonesGraph.jpg

The PPT and POMO actions are keeping the illusion going, they have deep pockets and can keep the scam going for a long time, tho not for ever. Apparently QE2 at feds 3rd Nov meeting has already been priced in, no new QE announcement and many are predicting a crash. what happens at 3rd nov meeting will tell us alot about the future. me I'll be sat at my desk with baited breathe and my finger lovingly stroking the buy/sell button on multiple indices, gonna make some money that day whichever way they call it, somethings going to happen. dollar bounce and carry trade unwind or dollar crash and stocks and commodity spike..can't wait.

and as for insider trading(execs) they've recently been on a buying binge buying their own stock. here comes QE2

Edited by goldfever

I still can't get my head around how volumes can be falling but yet the stock markets keep rising.

In almost everything else in life is less of something is traded then the price usually falls but here we see, apparently, less shares being traded but the stock markets going up.

Someone explained a few weeks back that this was because of speculators selling shares to pension companies because pension companies have to buy - do they? Why can't pension funds sit on cash?

And what about thse speculators selling to pension companies - they have to buy in the first place so why do pension funds have to buy from them and not direct?

It all is very confusing - how on earth can volumes being traded fall and the markets rise?

What has happened to houses in the last year then?

Voumes are up but prices are down because very few are buying. The argument put by those on this sub-forum is that share buying volumes are down but prices are up because there are loads of pension firms forced to buy.

Doesn't make sense.