House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
neon tetra

Land Registry For August

LR data should begin to reflect some negative figures in the 3rd Q data given the 6 month or so lag. Tragically, their data overlooks important facts such as the cost of improvements and the recent trends of fewer, more expensive, properties selling thus skewing the averages.

I go by on the ground pricing as I monitor local drops in the market I am planning to buy into. I began 3 months or so ago and receive updates from local EAs which indicate to me that properties that were priced around £300k earlier this year are now being offered for £250-260k. I would say house prices are down 15% so far this year in East Sussex coastal. The almost immeasurably small drops of around 0.04% reported by the EAs and other tracking sites seem to be overly optimistic.

LR data should begin to reflect some negative figures in the 3rd Q data given the 6 month or so lag. Tragically, their data overlooks important facts such as the cost of improvements and the recent trends of fewer, more expensive, properties selling thus skewing the averages.

I go by on the ground pricing as I monitor local drops in the market I am planning to buy into. I began 3 months or so ago and receive updates from local EAs which indicate to me that properties that were priced around £300k earlier this year are now being offered for £250-260k. I would say house prices are down 15% so far this year in East Sussex coastal. The almost immeasurably small drops of around 0.04% reported by the EAs and other tracking sites seem to be overly optimistic.

Properties round my way that were priced around 300K to 350K earlier this year are now being offered for, um, 300K to 350K. OK, a few have dropped 10K, some have gone down 20K and one took 10% off asking price last week but, generally, stubborn and ludicrous continues.