House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subby

No To X-Factor Getting Xmas No. 1

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=147366408638061&v=wall

Please join if you use facebook and support our efforts in making sure that the X-Factor doesn't get the number 1 slot for the Xmas chart in 2010

take 30 seconds to send to 10 people...if everyone did this we'd have a million joined up in 1 day

And this will achieve what exactly?

He's probably already planned another "hallelujah" where he gets his Xfactor robot and a couple of "street cred" recordings all in the chart at once with a song he owns the rights to. This sort of battle is right up his street as it generally means more sales overall. Hello royalties..

And this will achieve what exactly?

It might actually achieve more than you imagine, long term. So-called reality TV like this has sucked the life blood out of TV, making it much more difficult to make proper dramas, documentaries, comedies, (insert your genre here) etc. By ******ing up their business model, you strike a blow against this garbage and make it more likely that programme commissioners will start spending there money elsewhere in future.

It might actually achieve more than you imagine, long term. So-called reality TV like this has sucked the life blood out of TV, making it much more difficult to make proper dramas, documentaries, comedies, (insert your genre here) etc. By ******ing up their business model, you strike a blow against this garbage and make it more likely that programme commissioners will start spending there money elsewhere in future.

but you won't screw up their business model. The publicity generated by the fight will only serve to increase sales overall...and, as I said, when Cowell pulls tricks like makes the artists record songs he owns the rights to, the tills just keep ringing for him. The only way to screw up the model is for viewing figures to plummet, thing is, Cowell's companies can afford to pay a fortune in PR to keep all the xFactor stories in the media. One industry that has grown massively is PR, there's a thousand Max Cliffords out there being paid and paying to keep stories in the papers and others under the radar.

but you won't screw up their business model. The publicity generated by the fight will only serve to increase sales overall...and, as I said, when Cowell pulls tricks like makes the artists record songs he owns the rights to, the tills just keep ringing for him. The only way to screw up the model is for viewing figures to plummet, thing is, Cowell's companies can afford to pay a fortune in PR to keep all the xFactor stories in the media. One industry that has grown massively is PR, there's a thousand Max Cliffords out there being paid and paying to keep stories in the papers and others under the radar.

I personally don't like what Cowell stands for, but you can't really argue than he's ruddy good at his job...He knows precisely when to push the maximum exploit button and when to drop his acts. He knows the trends of the market, and will pick and drop his acts accordingly..

Ppl will get bored of the X-Factor at some point (and it does need to die), but I don't think it will yet... I believe Cowell moved this years shite factor, so that he wasn't relying on the Christmas no. 1...

Well, yes, I agree the best strategy is to choose to completely ignore the whole sorry business where ever it squeezes out it's septic, oozing head. But for those saps who can't seem to just go 'Meh,' and turn away, those who feel they must stick up one or two fingers at the whole business, this seems to be their best option.

Perhaps we need 'How to get ahead in advertising' remade as 'How to get ahead in PR.'

Amen to that.

Sadly, the British public seem to laud shows like Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing, X Factor, and all the other shows that say it's okay to bully and publicly ridicule people, and that say looks and style are more important than talent and substance. Simon Cowell should be sent to the same corner of hell as Rupert Murdoch for the damage he's done to the UK's collective psyche.

It's only when women people stop tuning into this sh1te that the rot will stop.

So you get 1 million people to buy a single they wouldn't otherwise have bought, whilst giving free advertising and media coverage to the X-Factor, and generating interest in the music charts. Really ****ed up their business model there.........

Sorry, but as somebody who generally doesn't watch telly at all, I do tune in for X Factor. I think it's great! It's a talent show, and they do, from time to time, uncover some gems. I am a cynical old *******, but for one hour a week, when the nights are drawing in, I'm happy to watch it. So what's the problem? In ten years time this will be the "shared viewing experience" that we'll all get nostalgic about - like how we "all" huddled around the telly to watch Morcombe and Wise every Christmas back in the seventies. Either watch it for what it is and enjoy it, or ignore it and do something else. It's so easy. And if it is news to anyone that pop success is manufactured ... well, what can I say to that?

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=147366408638061&v=wall

Please join if you use facebook and support our efforts in making sure that the X-Factor doesn't get the number 1 slot for the Xmas chart in 2010

take 30 seconds to send to 10 people...if everyone did this we'd have a million joined up in 1 day

A worthy cause!

Last Xmas was a resounding vistory B)