House Price Crash Forum
newbonic

St 'money' Supplement Plugs Au, Ag, & Pd

Article in the ST Money supplement titled 'Ways to ride out the rush for gold - Alternatives for those that fear a double dip' (can't link as it's behind a paywall).

Starts off going on about more QE from the fed and the BoE and suggests that gilts look iffy, and that commodities are a good bet.

Points out that gold is at near record highs ($1300 oz) and suggests:

• silver is at half if record high & so may be a better bet
  • palladium still only at half its record high (despite a doubling over the last year)
  • plugs the industrial uses of Ag & Pd
  • plugs ETFs as a way of gaining exposure

It also plugs corporate bonds from the banks, but the article was dominated by a graphic with 3 circles; a little one with silver at $21, a medium one with Palladium $554, and a big one with Gold $1,296. Interestingly it doesn't mention platinum at all.

I think the main message was that Ag and Pd have a lot of upside, govt issued paper looks dodgy. I'd imagine that an article like this will be read by many '000 high net worth people, so it will be interesting to see if it (and other like them) have a discernible effect.

Article in the ST Money supplement titled 'Ways to ride out the rush for gold - Alternatives for those that fear a double dip' (can't link as it's behind a paywall).

Starts off going on about more QE from the fed and the BoE and suggests that gilts look iffy, and that commodities are a good bet.

Points out that gold is at near record highs ($1300 oz) and suggests:

• silver is at half if record high & so may be a better bet
  • palladium still only at half its record high (despite a doubling over the last year)
  • plugs the industrial uses of Ag & Pd
  • plugs ETFs as a way of gaining exposure

It also plugs corporate bonds from the banks, but the article was dominated by a graphic with 3 circles; a little one with silver at $21, a medium one with Palladium $554, and a big one with Gold $1,296. Interestingly it doesn't mention platinum at all.

I think the main message was that Ag and Pd have a lot of upside, govt issued paper looks dodgy. I'd imagine that an article like this will be read by many '000 high net worth people, so it will be interesting to see if it (and other like them) have a discernible effect.

Great news. Good to see this is entering the main stream at last. There has been the occasional mention of gold in the ST in the past, but it's always been as a footnote below articles plugging, shares, bonds, rare stamps, property (!) etc., with no real explanation as to why it's a good investment. Hopefully this is the thin end of the wedge with regards to the next phase of the bull market.

Sure starting to look like we are entering phase 2 of a 3 phase bull:

1/ smart money(like some of the astute amongst us that bought several years ago and are already looking at 40%+ returns)

2 Insttitutional investors, mainstream financial press equity funds etc (like the linked article)

3 Joe public (when we go parabolic)

At a conservative estimate, looking at golds recent run compared to other historic asset bubbles I'd put gold at $3000+ in 2 years. although many analysts put it at +$5k-$10k.

I'm sure everyone else will wake up eventually, rushing into the greatest bull martket the world has ever seen,(ie Soro's ultimate bubble) at the excact time the smart money are unloading their positions and buying castles, small islands, agricultural land and servants and serving wenches. :D

Edited by goldfever

Great news. Good to see this is entering the main stream at last. There has been the occasional mention of gold in the ST in the past, but it's always been as a footnote below articles plugging, shares, bonds, rare stamps, property (!) etc., with no real explanation as to why it's a good investment. Hopefully this is the thin end of the wedge with regards to the next phase of the bull market.

It's a pity that there's no obvious way of measuring whether articles like the above have an effect, e.g. a spike in EFT investments tomorrow, or 5000 oz of ag being purchased.

Sure starting to look like we are entering phase 2 of a 3 phase bull:

1/ smart money(like some of the astute amongst us that bought several years ago and are already looking at 40%+ returns)

Don't you mean 400%? Or are those people the uber uber smart time travellers?

More like 200%+ returns!

Depends when you bought.I was a little late to the party. I have staggered physical assets from 2008 so thinking about it first gold purchase was at spot 550 silver spot 10

2009 gold at spot 720 silver 12.8 and againgold at spot 940 and silver 14(or was it 17 I can't honestly remember-all dollar spot price) I'm no good at maths and its all from memory as everything including receipts are far away under lock and key but roughly. early purchases doubled, 2009 purchases +40-60%

great article from evans pritchard this morn

gold last refuge

Edited by goldfever