House Price Crash Forum

Place Your Bets Nationwide + Halifax Hpi

exiges

HOLA441

these arent facts, they are speculation, the same as bruce is speculating 30% falls over the next few years, no doubt somebody will be right and somebody wrong but you need to stop confusing facts (today) with forecasts (tomorrow) which often have no bearing on one another

Discussing the validity of fact today and forecast (opinion) tomorrow or 10 years from now is the nature of this forum.

To dismiss such as having no bearing is to dismiss the puropse of the HPC forum.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Nationwide 0.5% (previously -0.6)

Halifax 1.0% (previously 0.2%)

All those agents have got plenty of time to force prices of any transactions as high as they can, see the various threads on this site regarding how hard the market is being forced higher.

It’s immaterial to view these figures as they don’t represent the public’s sentiments to housing costs. The is a growing realism that housing is too costly.

Or alternatively - they have plenty of time to talk sellers down, unless:

A. They actually want to go out of business

B. People have started growing money trees.

I do however think there are still pockets of madness (for the time being) which will temper any falls but still think they'll be down 0.5%ish.

As I've said before, the real fun won't begin until the neg YoY start being reported, hopefully by christmas.

HOLA444
HOLA445

no i presented the fact a family property sold in 48 hours for the asking price 250k with other offers to gazump .......was fact

With additional info that said same property was purchased in 2000 for 99k...

You are confusing present and future tenses.

You may be right prices may drop 20-30% over 10 years, or may not.

The fact is this with rpi at 5% and heading higher with no base rate increase and qe2,3,4 on the way good property in nice area like n yorks will not suffer, as I have factually demonstrated.

If your dream is to buy a card box in an inner city slum down south then you might have a point.

HOLA446

Im not convinced prices of houses are as you say or think.

A point in fact is my mother just sold her house in N yorkshire to go into a care home, it was sold in 48 hours for the asking price £250k we had 3 other requests in the first week to top the asking price...that is GAZUMP!!!

Before you say theplace was undervalued I can tell you its a standard 3 bed bungalow built 30 year ago my late father purchased it in 2000 fo 99k!

So i dont accept things are as you say.

Inflation will change the game property will be in demand to offload cash savings.

Blah...blah.....blah....blah....

One purely anecdotal and totally unverified "data point"

Blah...blah...blah....blah.... "Neither" ... blah....blah....

8olloX

HOLA447

no i presented the fact a family property sold in 48 hours for the asking price 250k with other offers to gazump .......was fact

With additional info that said same property was purchased in 2000 for 99k...

And I presented the FACT that a property near me in a desirable location has been reduced be 30% and still not sold after a month at the lower price! My suggestion to you would be to come back here in another 3 months and apologise..

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

My FACT is bigger than your Fact.

In which case I'm sure you'll be happy to provide a LINK to some verifiable fact, of some sort, on an EA site, or on Rightmove, NetHousePrices or somewhere else.

Otherwise you'll have to forgive the level of ridicule you'll experience here. Most of us haven't seen this level of "nerrdynerr-fingers-in-ears-la-la-la-sloblock" since Sibley and McTwattish slung their hooks...

B :)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

:lol:

:D Ok so ive had a bit of fun with this tbh the story i gave you is 100% and frankly I was supprised it turned out like it did, the estate agent did price mothers house at 10% more than she felt the market would stand.

We and the agent were taken back by the speed and offers over asking highest was 255k but the were in chain and needed funds.

The buyer was cash from out of area with a pit of money to spend not a main residence but a holiday home.

To get 2.5 x 2000 valuation aint far off the 2007 top.

This is why i have a feeling a lot of cash is looking for a home now interest rates and returns from general savings is net

-ve.

I have no doubt prices are falling elsewhere.

But I do suggest the general situation is a bit more complicated and as cash struggles to find a home hence prices will be flat in places up slightly in other places and down in yet more places.

Location need pressure and location and 99% of the buyers out there are not HPC readers.

HOLA4414

In which case I'm sure you'll be happy to provide a LINK to some verifiable fact, of some sort, on an EA site, or on Rightmove, NetHousePrices or somewhere else.

Otherwise you'll have to forgive the level of ridicule you'll experience here. Most of us haven't seen this level of "nerrdynerr-fingers-in-ears-la-la-la-sloblock" since Sibley and McTwattish slung their hooks...

B :)

Here's my fact although I made a mistake. It's 34% reduction!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29021837.html?premiumA=true

* Brief Description changed: Situated in a quiet, elevated position enjoying excellent far reaching views, an IMMACULATE 4 2 BEDROOM GEORGIAN STYLE FAMILY HOME with many luxury features. To the front SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW south of the A13. Re-furbished throughout and benefits from recently installed fitted kitchen and bathroom with separate shower cubicle. The property is a block paved driveway providing off street parking; enjoys an attractive rear garden with patio area. has also been re-wired, combination boiler (approx 2 years old) Upvc double glazed. Internal viewing advised.
Price changed: from '£324,995' to '£214,995'
* Subtitle changed: 4 2 bedroom detached semi-detached house
* Title changed: Benfleet, King John Catchment Modern bungalow with no on-ward chain
17 March 2010
* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
+/- 1% is beyond the accuracy of the tools used to measure, hence a pointless trend in any direction.

A bigger concern is that of what is happining to your savings with RPI at 5%

A point in fact is my mother just sold her house in N yorkshire to go into a care home, it was sold in 48 hours for the asking price £250k we had 3 other requests in the first week to top the asking price...that is GAZUMP!!!

A single anecdote is beyond the accuracy of the tools used to measure, hence a pointless comment in any direction. A bigger concertn is that of what is happening to all properties over 3 months.

HOLA4418

According to rightmove London asking prices are down 7% over the lady 3 months.

Also asking prices are not selling prices. They can ask what they want but won't sell at that price.

I agree although there are huge variations from borough to borough. Potential buyers need to get into the habit of putting in a low offer and not feeling bad about it!

HOLA4419

Here's my fact although I made a mistake. It's 34% reduction!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29021837.html?premiumA=true

* Brief Description changed: Situated in a quiet, elevated position enjoying excellent far reaching views, an IMMACULATE 4 2 BEDROOM GEORGIAN STYLE FAMILY HOME with many luxury features. To the front SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW south of the A13. Re-furbished throughout and benefits from recently installed fitted kitchen and bathroom with separate shower cubicle. The property is a block paved driveway providing off street parking; enjoys an attractive rear garden with patio area. has also been re-wired, combination boiler (approx 2 years old) Upvc double glazed. Internal viewing advised.

Price changed: from '£324,995' to '£214,995'

* Subtitle changed: 4 2 bedroom detached semi-detached house

* Title changed: Benfleet, King John Catchment Modern bungalow with no on-ward chain

17 March 2010

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

Umm. If you read the deleted propertybee description, the previous price £325k referred to a 4-bed detached property in a good catchment area... FACT! :D

HOLA4420

Umm. If you read the deleted propertybee description, the previous price £325k referred to a 4-bed detached property in a good catchment area... FACT! :D

That was a mistake be the EA hence the alteration. It's the same house, same pics same specs same location.

But if you're not satisfied with that one there's plenty more here http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=148803 to choose from.

In my original list I think one sold STC and at least one has been re listed.