House Price Crash Forum

Should The Labour Party Be Renamed?

Della

HOLA441

The Labour leadership election, where the leading candidates are Brothers, shows us the high standards of democracy prevelent in the Labour party. I feel that the labour party be renamed to honour its high standards of democracy; and the name should be "The Democratic Peoples Party of Labour", in hounour of that other bastion of democracy where the candidates for leadership are brothers, the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea).

It seems that the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea) has for 60 years shown us our future in terms of democracy; where all leadership candidates are related, and they all have a lot of self confidence and chose flashy nicknames for themselves such as "Great Leader".

Since it is a competition between brothers I propose that the winner of the competition be nicknamed "Brother Number One" in honour of that other great democrat, Pol Pot, the leader of Democratic Kampuchea (Cambodia), who also used the nickname "Brother Number One".

HOLA442

The Labour leadership election, where the leading candidates are Brothers, shows us the high standards of democracy prevelent in the Labour party. I feel that the labour party be renamed to honour its high standards of democracy; and the name should be "The Democratic Peoples Party of Labour", in hounour of that other bastion of democracy where the candidates for leadership are brothers, the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea).

It seems that the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea) has for 60 years shown us our future in terms of democracy; where all leadership candidates are related, and they all have a lot of self confidence and chose flashy nicknames for themselves such as "Great Leader".

Since it is a competition between brothers I propose that the winner of the competition be nicknamed "Brother Number One" in honour of that other great democrat, Pol Pot, the leader of Democratic Kampuchea (Cambodia), who also used the nickname "Brother Number One".

The Labour Party? Didn't they have something to do with politics a while back???

HOLA443
HOLA444

They should rename themselves to the LAZI party.

Isn't that deeply unfair on a historic party that came to power at a time of economic devastation and pursued a vigorous programme of public works to pull themselves out? The Labour party is a mirror image of that, having plunged us into the pit!

I guess there's common ground on the police state and aggression abroad, though.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The Labour Party does not exist any more. The vile millionaire Anthony Blair created "New Labour" a sort of Tory party that was less racist and a bit more socially aware. New Labour was Thatcherite and devoted to the "markets" and deregulation. It continued the disastrous policy of hiding money off the balance sheet and like the Tories it lied and lied and lied (ironically the reason most people voted for it - they were sick of the Tory lies)

The English are a bit thick on the whole and took a while to see through it but really got fed up when the banks stole all the country's money and so they blamed the PM of the day one G Brown. Brown, sadly had come to "eat his own dog food" as the yanks say and believed Blair's lies. Blair - a much cleverer man - had sneaked out with a mega wodge of dosh and some top bribes (oh I can't say that can I - I mean consultancies) from scum like JP Morgan. Now most of the thicko English blame Brown and have forgotten about Blair.

Whilst a change of government was long overdue the sad fact is that the liar party of the rich was the only other one most people vote for. They won, more or less and now our new PM is one of the most accomplished and skilled liars ever. As I said before the English are a bit thick so it will take them a while to figure out, but they will get there eventually. Some of the brighter ones have already figured out the deputy PM comes from the same background and cannot be trusted.

Let's hope then we have seen the end of "New Labour" and Blair's failed and stupid "Third Way".

Your question should be therefore should New Labour change its name.

My answer is no it should go to hell and the UK should have a decent, honest, centre left party that people can vote for. I hope we see that. It would be the first time in 30 years or more.....

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The Labour Party does not exist any more. The vile millionaire Anthony Blair created "New Labour" a sort of Tory party that was less racist and a bit more socially aware. New Labour was Thatcherite and devoted to the "markets" and deregulation. It continued the disastrous policy of hiding money off the balance sheet and like the Tories it lied and lied and lied (ironically the reason most people voted for it - they were sick of the Tory lies)

The English are a bit thick on the whole and took a while to see through it but really got fed up when the banks stole all the country's money and so they blamed the PM of the day one G Brown. Brown, sadly had come to "eat his own dog food" as the yanks say and believed Blair's lies. Blair - a much cleverer man - had sneaked out with a mega wodge of dosh and some top bribes (oh I can't say that can I - I mean consultancies) from scum like JP Morgan. Now most of the thicko English blame Brown and have forgotten about Blair.

Whilst a change of government was long overdue the sad fact is that the liar party of the rich was the only other one most people vote for. They won, more or less and now our new PM is one of the most accomplished and skilled liars ever. As I said before the English are a bit thick so it will take them a while to figure out, but they will get there eventually. Some of the brighter ones have already figured out the deputy PM comes from the same background and cannot be trusted.

Let's hope then we have seen the end of "New Labour" and Blair's failed and stupid "Third Way".

Your question should be therefore should New Labour change its name.

My answer is no it should go to hell and the UK should have a decent, honest, centre left party that people can vote for. I hope we see that. It would be the first time in 30 years or more.....

So Liebour's years of misrule were all Thatcher's fault?

Have you ever considered the reason that centre left parties generally fail is that they fail to take any sense of responsibility for what they have done and consider why their own creed is always perverted?

Still easier to just blame the Tories I suppose.

Don't suppose you do national stereotypes either unless they are about the English as in your post?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Have you ever considered the reason that centre left parties generally fail is that they fail to take any sense of responsibility for what they have done and consider why their own creed is always perverted?

Still easier to just blame the Tories I suppose.

Don't suppose you do national stereotypes either unless they are about the English as in your post?

Credit where Credit's due and there is plenty of that about. Thatcher does have a lot to answer for. Now we Have as oposition another right wing Labour party and your discription although well worn as it is Liebour is somewhat true. Poor peole such as carers and those on DLA do not have one Party sticking uo for them now and who could blame them for looking to the BNP or Communist Party

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

No I didn't say that. If you bother to read the post, New Labour is a construct of Tony Blair and his attempt to create a Thatcherite party that appeals to more voters that some sad old tosser like IDS. Thatcher, Britain's most hated Prime Minister, was, I am sure a self-loathing working class bigot that many people could therefore identify with and thus fell for her lies. Blair recognised that fact and tried (and succeeded) in positioning himself as the obvious replacement. Between these two nutters and their side kicks the UK has had over 20 years of running behind the Yanks and their attempt to self destruct. New Labour's faults (and there are many) are Blair's and his decision to emulate Thatcher in order to make the party electable. If you wish to blame anyone, blame those that voted for either of these two Psychopaths.

Please name a UK centre left party. I am unaware of the existence of such a beast.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The tories have had two brothers and a father as leading lights - the Chamberlains, Joe, austen and Neville.

The Democrats had three Kennedys. Poland, until the plane crash in Russia earlier this year had the Kazinsky twins as president and prime minister.

HOLA4417

So Red Ed, son of a communist philosopher, grandson of a communist traitor (and illegal immigrant) isn't far left enough?

Wow.

Yes, I am struggling a bit with that one.

Although I have noticed over the years that 'true believers' on the left can never consider the concept of fault, guilt or 'wrongness' on their side and therefore will always create any concept they can to deflect that. Cheap stereotypical digs at the nasty imperialist 'thicko' English they would not dream of making about another nationality are another tendency.

HOLA4418

Yes, I am struggling a bit with that one.

Although I have noticed over the years that 'true believers' on the left can never consider the concept of fault, guilt or 'wrongness' on their side and therefore will always create any concept they can to deflect that. Cheap stereotypical digs at the nasty imperialist 'thicko' English they would not dream of making about another nationality are another tendency.

A jew escaping the Nazis. I can get my head round it. For heaven sake I'm not enamoured with the man, but give him him a chance. I doesn't take much to be a traitor look at Clegg

HOLA4419

A jew escaping the Nazis.

I don't begrudge that part, but a Pole who fought for Stalin when Poland was attacked in 1939 by Nazis from the west and Communists from the east is a traitor.

Not that the sins of the (grand) father is all that relevant to our Ed, but he's clearly been brought up in a far left, politically charged environment - a descendent of a long line of outspoken, militant communists - and it has to have left its mark. He has a rep as being on the left as well - maybe not as far as Benn and company were, mind, but I don't see much evidence of some sort of right wing reaction against his parents in young Ed. Without a doubt he is "centre left" at a bare minimum, to counter the original point.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I don't begrudge that part, but a Pole who fought for Stalin when Poland was attacked in 1939 by Nazis from the west and Communists from the east is a traitor.

Not that the sins of the (grand) father is all that relevant to our Ed, but he's clearly been brought up in a far left, politically charged environment - a descendent of a long line of outspoken, militant communists - and it has to have left its mark. He has a rep as being on the left as well - maybe not as far as Benn and company were, mind, but I don't see much evidence of some sort of right wing reaction against his parents in young Ed. Without a doubt he is "centre left" at a bare minimum, to counter the original point.

Yes fair point. As for Stalin his father was a priest yet he had a Hundred rounded up and shot, but I don't see any revolutions from Ed only same old same old.

Archived