House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Capitalism On Newsnight

It all depends how they define Capitalism.

If they think fiat money printing over decades causing inflation for the poor, and a massive wealth transfer to the banks is "free market capitalism". Then a bailout of said banks with yet more printed money, plus the too big to fail mantra being continued at the expense of the taxpayer. Is that the capitalism they are talking about?

Not that I'm bitter or anything. :blink:

Edited by worst time buyer

Steph Flanders is discussing Capitalism on Newsnight tonight - might be interesting.

Thanks for the info. I'll tape it (well, "PVR" it).

Though I doubt it will be enlightened. I'm fed up with Newsnight pseudo intellectualism. They are crap actually. But let's see.

American hasn't been capitalist for the last 30-40yrs. Neither Greenspan nor Bernanke are Capitalists. America is more Communist really.

Edited by Errol

It all depends how they define Capitalism.

If they think fiat money printing over decades causing inflation for the poor, and a massive wealth transfer to the banks is "free market capitalism". Then a bailout of said banks with yet more printed money, plus the too big to fail mantra being continued at the expense of the taxpayer. Is that the capitalism they are talking about?

Not that I'm bitter or anything. :blink:

Is she thick, or is she a bullshitter - my guess is the later. She knows what's coming and she'll have plenty of gold.

Please tell me there is some smut here I have missed.....

....she mentioned the Government fear where Investment Banks have taken over Banks....in the UK most Banks with this dual face originated from the Retail Banks taking over the Investment Banks..... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne