House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smiffy1967

Question Time, No Thread?

Not when it is from the city of red. A labour realm of debt dreamers.

I did enjoy Hislop pointing out to Caroline Flint (she who speaketh of a recovery delivered) that they were indeed at fault for this (referencing Brown's Layman's launch).

I did enjoy Hislop pointing out to Caroline Flint (she who speaketh of a recovery delivered) that they were indeed at fault for this (referencing Brown's Layman's launch).

It was also funny to see the Asian guy point out how Danny Alexander avoided CG tax whilst they panel was discussing tax avoidance

It was also funny to see the Asian guy point out how Danny Alexander avoided CG tax whilst they panel was discussing tax avoidance

Yes was great.

I try to dislike that chap from the Spectator but he is a sharp bugger.

I must admit that I would.

Shocking, no thread. I had to form my own opinion. Gosh how stressful.

Didn't like the guy from the New Statesman. He had a very juvenile rant at the beginning and kept interrupting the others. He did eventually settle down, and then came out with some plausible reasoning. Not that I agreed with them mind.

Caroline Flint became an apologist for the labour party's failure, never mind. And in answer to the previous posters i would.

I thought it was one of the best i had seen in years

John Redwood, Vince cable, a clueless caroline flint, some Asian from the spectator and Ian hislopp

Excuse me??

Some Asian??

What's that about?

Let me think about this. Is it that you find it difficult to pronounce foreign sounding names, which is why you had to qualify your statement with Asian and then denigrade it with "some"?

Is it impossible for you to actually believe that "some Asian" may be on an intellectual/name calling status as the other four personalities on the programme?

I am SO DISAPPOINTED with you.

I felt compelled to jot something down on this thread as I really didn't have YOU, some veteran, down as a rude, thoughtless and bigotted subscriber to the forum.

He was the only one worth switching over for. ;)

The last QT I watched had Ian on, I think I may watch this on iPlayer, purely because he's on.

Excuse me??

Some Asian??

What's that about?

Let me think about this. Is it that you find it difficult to pronounce foreign sounding names, which is why you had to qualify your statement with Asian and then denigrade it with "some"?

Is it impossible for you to actually believe that "some Asian" may be on an intellectual/name calling status as the other four personalities on the programme?

I am SO DISAPPOINTED with you.

I felt compelled to jot something down on this thread as I really didn't have YOU, some veteran, down as a rude, thoughtless and bigotted subscriber to the forum.

no-one's mentioned the room full of thieving scousers yet with names like Kenny and Benny

no-one's mentioned the room full of thieving scousers yet with names like Kenny and Benny

....'thieving' is not correct in the context ...but the orientation was left..... :rolleyes:

watching this on iplayer, Caroline Flint (and various lefties in the audience) demonstrate why they are so well suited to opposition

Hislopp wasn't at his best but was still pretty good.

Vince was on form.

But the questions were the same old, same old that tend to favour the left. I noticed that if a Labour Muppet farted, a section of the audience applauded enthusiastically. The camera would zoom in on them to make it look like most of the audience was clapping, when in fact it was only about 25%. All the lefties in the audience were all grouped together. It's like a conspiracy.

The Asian guy was given a lot of time to rant about particular facts that suited his left wing campaign.

There is no doubt the bbc packs its quesiton time audience with angry left wing types. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half the audience relies on the public sector for its income. With an audience of that nature you basically mix up the words bankers, cut, evil, tories, thatcher, the 80s, bonuses, big business, tax avoidance etc etc make some kind of rant and you will get applause.

The sad facts for the commies are that the tax payer is actually in profit on the bailout of RBS and Lloyds and will probably make quite a lot of money in the medium term. The bank insurance scheme will probably never be called upon even though we collect over 5bn quid in premiums each year. Blaming it all on tax avoidance by Philip Green is also a massive red herring - most tax avoidance is ISAs and pensions, most tax evasion is black market fags, builders doing cash in hand work and cabbies under declearing their earnings, good luck trying to "crack down" on that type of activity.

There is no doubt the bbc packs its quesiton time audience with angry left wing types. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half the audience relies on the public sector for its income. With an audience of that nature you basically mix up the words bankers, cut, evil, tories, thatcher, the 80s, bonuses, big business, tax avoidance etc etc make some kind of rant and you will get applause.

The sad facts for the commies are that the tax payer is actually in profit on the bailout of RBS and Lloyds and will probably make quite a lot of money in the medium term. The bank insurance scheme will probably never be called upon even though we collect over 5bn quid in premiums each year. Blaming it all on tax avoidance by Philip Green is also a massive red herring - most tax avoidance is ISAs and pensions, most tax evasion is black market fags, builders doing cash in hand work and cabbies under declearing their earnings, good luck trying to "crack down" on that type of activity.

I don't think it's the BBC, it's leftie activists. The BBC moves QT around the country to try to represent local opinion but when it was held up the road from me neither me, nor anybody I knew, recognised a single member of the audience. Probably all down from Islington.

Note - I didnt go as I can't stand the left wing cheerleading by the presenter and crowd, so that edition was only one of two I have seen in the last ten years.

A couple of observations:

1. Caroline Flint is as thick as mince
  2. Mehdi Hasan just has a list of facts he likes to shout, which often have little substance
  3. People keep talking about having really savage nasty tory cuts, but we haven't had anything of significance yet, and nobody knows what is going to happen
  4. A lot of the "general public" (read Labour sycophants who make up the QT audience) are utterly clueless and shortsighted. If the media start chanting about double dips, due to a drop in GDP leading us back into a technical recession, the whole thing is going to get pinned on the nasty Tories, whilst the amazing disappearing Gordon "Prudence, No more Boom and Bust, I won't let house prices get out of control" Brown, the architect of all of our most significant woes at the moment will get away scot (no pun intended) free.

Mehdi Hasan is a very nasty piece of work. I still remember the last time he was on, being angry about what he got away with for ages afterwards (Dimbleby hardly ever intervened). I think this time it was only thanks to John Redwood clipping his wings early on that he calmed down a bit, but even then he was breathtakingly ruder than anyone else.

Sorry, but I have to speak up here. I don't think that was racist or a slur directed at Asian ethnicity at all. It simply helped me (and others, I'm sure) remember who Smiffy was talking about. I am sick to death of free speech being misinterpreted under the labour govt. and have now decided to speak up when I see suppression appearing as per your post, Kuntama. You should know that there are people out there who object to the silliness labour introduced and I , for one have decided to speak out as part of what I believe to be the silent majority.

BTW I am not racist, or sexist. I hold all ethnicities in the highest regard and I value the contribution all immigrants make to the UK (soon, we may need to attract more, as the UK descends back to the dark ages, and people leave!)

Totally agree.

Tme to give this stupid labour silliness a good kick in the crutch.