House Price Crash Forum

Bono's 'charity' A Fraud

Boom Boom

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

A few years ago I took the wife to see Madonna in concert. In 2006 Madge charged £75 for a basic standing on the floor within half a mile of the stage ticket. £75 fricking quid and I had to buy 2! Anyways we go in and seem to have to wait forever for her to start, as you do. But every 5, 10, 15 mintues, whatever it was, the video screens would be imploring you to donate money to help starving children in Africa. After fleecing us for £75 she really must have thought we were all mugs.

But anyway my point is, I could point out one person in that stadium with more money than they'd ever need and for all the "awareness" they bring, there would be no harm in delivering millions of pounds of their own money to the people who really need it. And that person wasn't me or the wife. Never going to happen though is it? Bono is in the same boat as Madge.

The only way I could ever regain an inkling of respect for the likes of these supposedly social conscious megastars is if they came out and donated lots and lots of their own money. Already richer than the likes of us mere mortals could ever dream? Why couldn't one of these promise to give away every penny of profit and royalties they recieve from this day forward. I won't hold my breath.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest portwinestain

A few years ago I took the wife to see Madonna in concert. In 2006 Madge charged £75 for a basic standing on the floor within half a mile of the stage ticket. £75 fricking quid and I had to buy 2! Anyways we go in and seem to have to wait forever for her to start, as you do. But every 5, 10, 15 mintues, whatever it was, the video screens would be imploring you to donate money to help starving children in Africa. After fleecing us for £75 she really must have thought we were all mugs.

But anyway my point is, I could point out one person in that stadium with more money than they'd ever need and for all the "awareness" they bring, there would be no harm in delivering millions of pounds of their own money to the people who really need it. And that person wasn't me or the wife. Never going to happen though is it? Bono is in the same boat as Madge.

The only way I could ever regain an inkling of respect for the likes of these supposedly social conscious megastars is if they came out and donated lots and lots of their own money. Already richer than the likes of us mere mortals could ever dream? Why couldn't one of these promise to give away every penny of profit and royalties they recieve from this day forward. I won't hold my breath.

madonna-illuminati-jacket.jpg

pyramid_dollar_bill.jpg

HOLA447

Obligatory Bono joke:

U2 playing Hampden Park, Glasgow.

Bono to audience: Evertyime I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies.

Weegie: Well, stop ******ing clapping then.

I shall seek my outerwear garment.

HOLA448

http://starvinchildren.ytmnd.com/

(sorry it's just audio)

I remember as a skool kid in the 60's/70's we were brainwashed on kids TV, Blue Peter and by our skools to send clothing and food parcels to Biafra.

Over 40 years later - World powers have done nothing & African Tribals still go around hacking each others civilians to pieces - plus liberally supplied with cheap, obsolete, Western/Asian/USSR guns 'n ammo by all sides - so they can annihilate each other.

I suppose whist they keep them busy at 'civil' war, other countries can exploit their countries resources on the cheap by paying off the corrupt countries leaders and warlords with arms and backhanders.

Look at Somalia where western countries have been dumping toxic waste in the sea in their coastal waters and blatentley taking all their fish resources. They are their own fools.

HOLA449

Archived