House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steviola

Rightmove

Has anybody noticed that rightmove has started to put 'Price Reduced' under proprerties? Its in a similar style to when they go 'sold stc'

steviola

Edit - You'd think i'd get spelling right on my first post :rolleyes:

Edited by steviola

Has anybody noticed that rightmove has started to put 'Price Reduced' under proprerties?  Its in a similar style to when they go 'sold stc'

steviola

Edit - You'd think i'd get spelling right on my first post  :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out. Also the Rightmove listings are currently standing at 640,000. Highest ever, lets see if they go up further in the the next motnh or two as those who couldn;t sell before the summer holidays relist their properties.

I think there are signs from the Findaproperty listings that this has already started as they are on the way up again.

I have just seen this too, I get the new instructions emailed to me in my area every 3 days and one of them had a big purple reduction sign on it! :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-859...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

I beleive the asking price for houses on this rd was about 145k previously though the price for these houses never topped 138K (Feb05)and the last sales have been as follows:

64, Grange Park Road

£135,000

02 Jun 2005

46, Grange Park Road

£138,000

11 Feb 2005

38, Grange Park Road

£134,950

06 Jan 2005

19, Grange Park Road

£131,000

16 Sep 2004

In Leeds I have seen asking prices continue to go up as Estate agents were expecting to be underoffered but now finally not only are sold prices going down but asking prices are going down as well! :P

Has anybody noticed that rightmove has started to put 'Price Reduced' under proprerties?  Its in a similar style to when they go 'sold stc'

steviola

Edit - You'd think i'd get spelling right on my first post  :rolleyes:

Yeah, and if my memory serves me, they are also advertising on tv now, which IMO should be viewed that a company is in the shyte.

Yeah, and if my memory serves me, they are also advertising on tv now, which IMO should be viewed that a company is in the shyte.

They are advertising on tv.

Also, interestingly, I looked for properties added in the last 24 hours in Milton Keynes. A few of them had the purple price reduced banner. That's very quick isn't it? :blink:

Peter.

Guest The_Oldie

Or going for a stock market flotation in the next few months ;).

Guest wrongmove

This has had a very "bearish" effect when you check "houses added in the last 24 hours". The numbers have shot up, due to the readvertising (my city has gone from about 150 to over 200 listed) plus 30-40% have the purple banner.

It gives the impression of lots of choice and falling prices !! :D

Nice one Rightmove !!