House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tankus

Dropping Bt Broadband

My BT broadband has gone pants lately , It keeps dropping out ..... Just speaking to a few others and they have had the same ..........I wonder if this is deliberate to make us consider their new fibre optic offer ...? ....anybody else having dropouts from a previously reliable service ? .

My BT broadband has gone pants lately , It keeps dropping out ..... Just speaking to a few others and they have had the same ..........I wonder if this is deliberate to make us consider their new fibre optic offer ...? ....anybody else having dropouts from a previously reliable service ? .

is your phoneline ok?

i have a BT line but my isp is BE breadband, my phoneline has been crackly for a while and it keeps making my internet disconnec :angry: t.

BT deny its anything to do with them and insist it must be after the line enters the building.

that new fibre optic broadband has recently been activated in my area so i know they have been working on the phonelines in the area <_<

Its the BT exchange ... according to several phone calls to the subcontinent ..the last issue should have been cleared in 12 hours ... it took 36..

Its the BT exchange ... according to several phone calls to the subcontinent ..the last issue should have been cleared in 12 hours ... it took 36..

There have been some serious outages affecting quite large areas over the last week:

http://status.zensupport.co.uk/index.php?serviceid=5

If the problems persist, pop over to www.thinkbroadband.com and register, and people there will help you ascertain what is wrong.

I read within last couple of weeks that some isp's have tweaked their systems beyond provider standards laid down which has caused 10's thousands of problems!

Just imagine how much Xtra money they make with all those 'customers' not using their allowances etc

Your culprit is www.bt.com/vision

You may be right there! There's not enough bandwidth for everyone to have "on-demand TV"! :blink:

Same with mobile data! They are almost giving it away at the moment, but if everyone takes up the service,

the providers will not be able to cope!

I now have BT Invinity, hub and modem installed free and not an extra penny on the monthly fee.

20Mb download average and 8Mb upload average without a single flicker in the service. Leaves the house on standard wiring for a 100yds to the cabinet where it transfers to a fibre optic cable.