House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarman001

No Topics About Police And Anti-Social Behaviour!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11394354

So come on, what do you think? This is one of my major gripes - some people don't see it but I think they must have their eyes closed.

I don't actually suffer from anti social behaviour much. I have had my car keyed and did see someone taking a leak in my road during a world cup match, but that's about it. Its not enough to warrant granting the police any more draconian powers. Antisocial behaviour stems from a lack of responsibility of parents and subsequently the feral youths they drag up. For the high house price angle, if both parents didn't have to both go to work to afford a hovel and if handouts did not make living on the dole an attractive option then people would be forced to have a bit more responsibility and respect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11394354

So come on, what do you think? This is one of my major gripes - some people don't see it but I think they must have their eyes closed.

This story is now some 40 years old. The police wil be coming out with all sorts of crap in an attempt to protect their budgets

This is one of my major gripes - some people don't see it but I think they must have their eyes closed.

O'Connor makes a lot of good points IMO.

Lots of buck passing in that article though.

I remember in the 1970's some Police Chief calling for better family allowances and suggesting that if mothers stayed at home to look after the kids as in the old days, things would be better.

Just about ruined his own career as the Womens Lib and hangers on roasted him.