House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

House Prices To Fall 5 Percent - Reuters Poll

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/house-prices-to-fall-5-percent-reuters-poll-reuters_molt-f4c747c0be1f.html?x=0

House prices to fall 5 percent - Reuters poll
Andy Bruce, 13:49, Thursday 23 September 2010
GLASGOW (Reuters) - Britain's housing market is in the midst of new dip that will shave at least another 5 percent off current house prices, according to a quarterly Reuters poll of economists and property analysts.
There was a marked shift in tone from previous polls, as 18 out of 24 respondents said they expected to see a "double-dip" in house prices -- a scenario dismissed by all but six analysts out of 22 in a poll taken less than three months ago.
With severe government budget cuts soon to take effect and around 600,000 public sector jobs expected to go over the next six years, respondents cited homebuyers' lack of confidence about the direction of the British economy.

Well, at least they are not believing the rubbish printed in the Express about 50%rise by 2013 etc.

Now that sentiment has changed almost universally we can look forward to more whole number MoM drops in the lead up to Crimbo. I have never felt better about the market than I do now that I see that the downward trend is established.

Sterling will crack soon as our economy IS HPI and without it the traders will go elsewhere to invest.

http://uk.finance.ya...c0be1f.html?x=0

House prices to fall 5 percent - Reuters poll
Andy Bruce, 13:49, Thursday 23 September 2010
GLASGOW (Reuters) - Britain's housing market is in the midst of new dip that will shave at least another 5 percent off current house prices, according to a quarterly Reuters poll of economists and property analysts.
There was a marked shift in tone from previous polls, as 18 out of 24 respondents said they expected to see a "double-dip" in house prices -- a scenario dismissed by all but six analysts out of 22 in a poll taken less than three months ago.
With severe government budget cuts soon to take effect and around 600,000 public sector jobs expected to go over the next six years, respondents cited homebuyers' lack of confidence about the direction of the British economy.

Well, at least they are not believing the rubbish printed in the Express about 50%rise by 2013 etc.

Now that sentiment has changed almost universally we can look forward to more whole number MoM drops in the lead up to Crimbo. I have never felt better about the market than I do now that I see that the downward trend is established.

Sterling will crack soon as our economy IS HPI and without it the traders will go elsewhere to invest.

yep

in Kubler-Ross terms, definitely the negotiating stage