House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no-way

Heavens Little Girl Suicide

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314156/Suicide-stranger-Couple-kill-gas-filled-car-meeting-online.html

sorry, not a particularly nice subject, and apologies to anyone whos friends or relatives have chosen to end their life prematurely.

Well, it seems that this method of suicide is doing the rounds of the interweb, Japan is having a major problem with this(gassing by hydrogen sulphide) and seems the information is being propagated around the web and is gaining in popularity for those who want to "catch the bus"

In one Japanese incident a 14 year old girl managed to sicken 90 people in her apartment block after commiting suicide, so part of the procedures are now to print and stick up warning sign.

from some of the news articles i have read, mentioned that people are calling for these "websites" that promote pro-suicide views should be banned but, it seems that this couple recieved their information and encouragement, not from websites as such but from newsgroups.

These newsgroups are almost completely anonymous and unmoderated and are not really subject to the rules like a website (cannot have their domain name removed etc).

any thoughts on this?

I personally think that we are not far from suicide becoming normalised, much like in Japan, any it will not be long when a quick and painless exit in comfortable surrounding will be available to those that want to.

These newsgroups are almost completely anonymous and unmoderated and are not really subject to the rules like a website (cannot have their domain name removed etc).

Uhhuh - blame the newsgroups... interwebs... burn the books...

Uhhuh - blame the newsgroups... interwebs... burn the books...

i would not blame newsgroups for anything, its my number 1 source for pir8 movies etc

I was just saying that people are calling for these websites to be shut down but have no ideal what goes on in the "darknet"

Its a very sad story, but at the end of the day, you cant (shouldn't) stop people communicating because you don't like what they are saying. If we want to eliminate all the contributory factors of suicide, lets start with debt as this seems to push more people over the edge than these internet sites do.

And to Oh well, why dont you remove your post, it wasn't funny and drags the forum down.

Its a very sad story, but at the end of the day, you cant (shouldn't) stop people communicating because you don't like what they are saying. If we want to eliminate all the contributory factors of suicide, lets start with debt as this seems to push more people over the edge than these internet sites do.

but doesnt communicating about it make it assisted suicide?

but doesnt communicating about it make it assisted suicide?

No doubt it falls foul of the law, but my point is that lots of things could contribute to someones suicide, having an argument with a loved one, being chased by debt collectors etc etc, trying to legislate about what always has and always will be a something that happens to very few people, always with a unique set of circumstances is just stupid. Laws on censorship are already bad enough without a load of extra ones which have a lot of unintended consequences.

No doubt it falls foul of the law, but my point is that lots of things could contribute to someones suicide, having an argument with a loved one, being chased by debt collectors etc etc, trying to legislate about what always has and always will be a something that happens to very few people, always with a unique set of circumstances is just stupid. Laws on censorship are already bad enough without a load of extra ones which have a lot of unintended consequences.

i have to admit, i am more street smart and net savvy than most, but i had no ideal this sort of stuff was going on, but i suppose this information was there waiting to be found by people who wanted it.

I also was also talking to a friend about it and they mentioned there have been incidents where people have entered into pact's together, and one side of the pact have no intention of going through with it, they do it for the kick of getting someone to commit suicide.

Also, i have had a brief read of the newsgroups in question, and the people who are ready to commit suicide seem pretty happy about it, seems like a load off their shoulders, and the others posters seem happy for them too. :unsure:

I also was also talking to a friend about it and they mentioned there have been incidents where people have entered into pact's together, and one side of the pact have no intention of going through with it, they do it for the kick of getting someone to commit suicide.

That really is twisted...

i have to admit, i am more street smart and net savvy than most, but i had no ideal this sort of stuff was going on, but i suppose this information was there waiting to be found by people who wanted it.

Also, i have had a brief read of the newsgroups in question, and the people who are ready to commit suicide seem pretty happy about it, seems like a load off their shoulders, and the others posters seem happy for them too. :unsure:

For some people life is just too painful. its not something I can relate to, but I had one friend commit suicide (by throwing themselves under a truck), maybe they would have done it in a more "humane" way if they had joined one of these groups, who knows, but to think that you will do any good by trying to censor the internet is naive in the extreme IMHO.

For some people life is just too painful. its not something I can relate to, but I had one friend commit suicide (by throwing themselves under a truck), maybe they would have done it in a more "humane" way if they had joined one of these groups, who knows, but to think that you will do any good by trying to censor the internet is naive in the extreme IMHO.

There is no chance of censorship, information is like water, it will flow around any obstacles.

Would it be better for all concerned for a pharmaceutical solution to be available to buy in a chemist or something, or maybe designated hospital space like what was proposed for heroinn addicts to shoot up in safety.

At least there would be a chance for some counselling.

There is no chance of censorship, information is like water, it will flow around any obstacles.

Would it be better for all concerned for a pharmaceutical solution to be available to buy in a chemist or something, or maybe designated hospital space like what was proposed for heroinn addicts to shoot up in safety.

At least there would be a chance for some counselling.

totally agree, if someone wants to kill themselves then they should be allowed to do it without being a made a criminal. Its very sad an unfortunate that it happens, but it does.

totally agree, if someone wants to kill themselves then they should be allowed to do it without being a made a criminal. Its very sad an unfortunate that it happens, but it does.

Agreed. It is their life. If they want to end it up to them. However using a gas that could potentially harm/kill others ? Out of order.

Agreed. It is their life. If they want to end it up to them. However using a gas that could potentially harm/kill others ? Out of order.

At least they put up signs to say there is a dangerous gas. Throwing oneself in front of a bus or train could equally cause harm to others. The thing is that people committing suicide aren't thinking in the same rational way as your average person going about their daily lives.