House Price Crash Forum
AvidFan

Rightmove "phone Mast" Listed As A House

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27564085.html

This site reckons the land sells for 10x the annual rental price:

http://www.phonemastcompany.co.uk/mast_sales.php

A guaranteed yield of 10%? Surely this is perfect in today's "need for cash" deflationary environment?

Or is it a bubble waiting to burst? Does it point to a long-term drop-off in phone company profits?

Still, as a house, the "equipment cabin" would probably surfice, although you will need to wear your tinfoil hats while living there.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27564085.html

This site reckons the land sells for 10x the annual rental price:

http://www.phonemastcompany.co.uk/mast_sales.php

A guaranteed yield of 10%? Surely this is perfect in today's "need for cash" deflationary environment?

Or is it a bubble waiting to burst? Does it point to a long-term drop-off in phone company profits?

Still, as a house, the "equipment cabin" would probably surfice, although you will need to wear your tinfoil hats while living there.

Depending on the length of the contract and the potential direction the market was moving it's certainly something I would look at. a 10% return from AAA clients is not something to be sniffed at.

Of course if there are

A) Easy out clauses in the lease

B) No rental escalator

C) relaxations in the planning laws

D) technology changes afoot which reduce the need for so many towers

E) Need for capital investment by the owner

Then its probably worht avoiding....... but if not then buying these could make a lot of sense for some people.

Depending on the length of the contract and the potential direction the market was moving it's certainly something I would look at. a 10% return from AAA clients is not something to be sniffed at.

Of course if there are

A) Easy out clauses in the lease

B) No rental escalator

C) relaxations in the planning laws

D) technology changes afoot which reduce the need for so many towers

E) Need for capital investment by the owner

Then its probably worht avoiding....... but if not then buying these could make a lot of sense for some people.

The site is shared between TMobile and O2, does the merger between Orange and T Mobile impact this site?

The site is shared between TMobile and O2, does the merger between Orange and T Mobile impact this site?

I was about to ask who it was controled by but you beat me to it.

Chances are the t-mobile transmitter will be gone in a year or so.

T-Orange are looking to do major colsolodation of transmitter tower.

Given it's in a built up area, not out in the sticks, I doubt orange have coverage issues there so the tower will lose t-mobile pretty sharpish. In fact, this is probably the reason the owner is selling up.

Any greater fools around?

agree with the comments... this sort of buy would be fair enough for someone who knows that industry and that this is a good deal but sticking it on rightmove aimed at any tom, dick, or harry seems, well, it looks like 'magic beans' territory to me.

Edited by the flying pig