House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyoto

Our Buyer Wants To Bury Their Dead Dog In Our Garden

Read this if you fancy a laugh. I actually feel sorry for them.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2636903

Our buyer turned up this am to say their dog had died and they wanted to bury it in our garden as they couldnt bear the thought of leaving her behind that their house when they move. They had the dog in the boot with a pitchfork.

Ends badly too.

What would you have done, considering they wanted to keep their buyer happy?

It depends how much I wanted to keep the buyer happy. At the very least I would refuse to even discuss the matter until such papers had been signed that they couldn't pull out (of buying the house, that is!). After then, if they wanted the pond filled in and the dog buried in it before such time as they moved in, then my inclination would be to say OK, but done by professionals (i.e. not by the dead dog's owners showing up with a shovel and invading my privacy for however many hours it took them to do a DIY job) and at their expense.

Edit: the sellers can look on the bright side, though. At least the prospective purchasers didn't want to put their granny six feet under in the back yard, something they could legally do (assuming, of course, that Granny had not expired in suspicious circumstances). That would make a unique selling point when the time came for them to move on!

Ends badly too.

The guy's worried about what to do with his Koi. Aren't they worth a lot of money (for a fish). Can't he sell them?

tim

The guy's worried about what to do with his Koi. Aren't they worth a lot of money (for a fish). Can't he sell them?

tim

He should probably try and sell them without hesitation. Carp Diem.

Tell them to keep it in their freezer for a few months.

I would tell them ok as long as they pay £1000 non returnable deposit in case they dont go through with the sale, and the dog has to be removed. :ph34r:

lol, how strange is that!

What's the unhappy ending as the thread is now 27 pages long!

I too skipped to the end, I'm not reading 27 pages of dog puns. Is there a junior version?

lol, how strange is that!

What's the unhappy ending as the thread is now 27 pages long!

I only skim read but I believe the buyer pulled out :)

Oh, and they came back to dig up the dog!!!

Hmm I call BS...

The EA called this am at 10am to say they had a very upset Mr Jones on the phone. Mrs Jones was so distraught she can't even speak at the moment. They have decided not to buy our house citing distress at our actions. They have also commented to the EA that due to my actions, they will be seeking compensation for their survey costs, solicitors fees and out of pocket expenses incurred for the removal of the dog from the property.

I have told the EA that should they decide to pull out over a trivial matter non related to the purchase, I will defend these costs and counterclaim for the reinstatement of the garden pond, the peg bag, and Koi "goldfish" not to mention the time we have spent running around after them, also costs incurred in cleaning the area as I am assuming I will need to have someone in to ensure the land isnt contaminated. I am awaiting a call back from the EA this pm to find out how this is going to go. I have threatened to put the house back on the market which we will do today if they do not play ball.

Ends badly too.

A chihuahua I could have understood. A great dane! And then to get upset that someone saw the funny side of someone who didn't yet own your house dragging a human sized corpse through the lounge and burying it in a shallow grave in the backyard!

The buyers who dropped out should be ashamed of themselves. I doubt I would have been able to not buy the house after asking so much of the sellers, unless the survey said the place was about to collapse.

This all supposes that the story has at least an element of truth in it. Whatever the case, it was a cracking read.