House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
john_d_uk

Malmesbury, Wiltshire

Malmesbury in Wiltshire is a very pleasant Cotswold region town. I moved there 2 years ago and for sale boards seemed to be up only a couple of weeks until sold.

Now there are a glut of for sale boards, but still excessively high prices. A new 2 bed semi is up for £250,000 (reduced from £265,000) I guess this is actually worth only £175,000 - £185,000 (max). It has been on the market for 3 1/2 months, no sale so far.

Are there other towns around here like this or are people starting to price more realistically? The 7 estate agents in this town are, I'm sure just trying to preserve their businesses.

Views please

JD

Malmesbury in Wiltshire is a very pleasant Cotswold region town. I moved there 2 years ago and for sale boards seemed to be up only a couple of weeks until sold.

Now there are a glut of for sale boards, but still excessively high prices. A new 2 bed semi is up for £250,000 (reduced from £265,000) I guess this is actually worth only £175,000 - £185,000 (max). It has been on the market for 3 1/2 months, no sale so far.

Are there other towns around here like this or are people starting to price more realistically? The 7 estate agents in this town are, I'm sure just trying to preserve their businesses.

Views please

JD

I live just outside Malmesbury and go drinking there, will be in the town tonight watching the Footie. Swindon and Chippenham seem to be reducing very modestly. Malmesbury is well overpriced for what it is, and considering the bottom part of town (Near the Rose & Crown) floods every few years, I would not live on that part.

The town center has no private parking either.