House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reluctant Heretic

Conference On Financial Crisis

Hi All,

I have been invited by a Community Worker friend to attend a one day conference - a flyer describing the event is attached.

I received the itinerary today and saw that someone from HSBC would be giving a presentation. I haven't been to one of these things before but I thought it was going to be a kind of advice session for people heavily in debt. (I was going because I am interested in working with the Cornish Credit Union, however I was also thinking it might be an opportunity to publicise the positive money website.)

Anyone know anything about this guy, and better still, any points of view, facts or anecdotes you might like me to confront him with and make public at this meeting? For some reason just the name and description has me shaking in rage but I would rather make a prepared and informed attack if this is what is required.

http://www.thegff.com/Groups/54788/Global_Futures_and/Speaking_Profiles/David_Smith_Speaker/David_Smith_Speaker.aspx

Many thanks

RH

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

Hi All,

I have been invited by a Community Worker friend to attend a one day conference - a flyer describing the event is attached.

I received the itinerary today and saw that someone from HSBC would be giving a presentation. I haven't been to one of these things before but I thought it was going to be a kind of advice session for people heavily in debt. (I was going because I am interested in working with the Cornish Credit Union, however I was also thinking it might be an opportunity to publicise the positive money website.)

Anyone know anything about this guy, and better still, any points of view, facts or anecdotes you might like me to confront him with and make public at this meeting? For some reason just the name and description has me shaking in rage but I would rather make a prepared and informed attack if this is what is required.

http://www.thegff.com/Groups/54788/Global_Futures_and/Speaking_Profiles/David_Smith_Speaker/David_Smith_Speaker.aspx

Many thanks

RH

Maybe you can ask HSBC if people should:

(1) Borrow as little money as they possible and live within their means

OR

(2) Borrow as much money as possible so that they can enjoy the moment, bid up house prices (a national service)

honestly, the chap/lady who get sent to this sort of conference wouldn't really have much of a clue other than reading out their powerpoint.

Edited by easybetman

Maybe you can ask HSBC if people should:

(1) Borrow as little money as they possible and live within their means

OR

(2) Borrow as much money as possible so that they can enjoy the moment, bid up house prices (a national service)

honestly, the chap/lady who get sent to this sort of conference wouldn't really have much of a clue other than reading out their powerpoint.

Thanks for your contribution - he does seem to be quite a high profile speaker. I am astounded that he considers this remote corner worth his interest. It absolutely infuriates me that he is being given a platform. I feel that the room is going to be filled with total suckers who will sit and listen to him with reverence and respect.

Where do HSBC fit in? I looked at the link and he seems to be another one of those general smart a r s e s who want to tell the rest of us how to make money, how to change, to win, to do better, to excel, to be all that we can be .... sorry, puked there.

And he's talking at a church event called Weathering the Storm ... what have I missed? Why are you angry?

Thanks for your contribution - he does seem to be quite a high profile speaker. I am astounded that he considers this remote corner worth his interest. It absolutely infuriates me that he is being given a platform. I feel that the room is going to be filled with total suckers who will sit and listen to him with reverence and respect.

say this :

200 years ago the american president Thomas Jefferson said -

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Then ask him if he believes its come true.

say this :

200 years ago the american president Thomas Jefferson said -

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Then ask him if he believes its come true.

EXCELLENT! I like that! KO!

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

Ask him at the end, do you need, gold, baked beans, guns and ammo?

Have you heard of Dr Doom? (Marc Faber)

Will 2012 mean a pole shift as predicted by the Mayans at the end of life as we know it?

Will it be deflation or hypernflation, oh great one?

Will gilts be a bad or good safe haven?

You may get odd looks, but at least you sound like you've done some pre-workshop reading ;)

Ask him at the end, do you need, gold, baked beans, guns and ammo?

Have you heard of Dr Doom? (Marc Faber)

Will 2012 mean a pole shift as predicted by the Mayans at the end of life as we know it?

Will it be deflation or hypernflation, oh great one?

Will gilts be a bad or good safe haven?

You may get odd looks, but at least you sound like you've done some pre-workshop reading ;)

Good first question - a number of people I know are planning for self-sufficiency - I have been pointing out to them that they will have to make security arrangements too.

With my coat of camel's hair, leather belt and diet of locusts in honey I am used to people pointing and staring. :)