House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrongmove

Rightmove

Guest wrongmove

After the horrible Halifax number this month, here is some more bearish news. Rightmove has started to splash big purple "price reduction" banners on many of their properties

eg. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-728...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

I have never seen this before - can anyone find a way of counting them, like the Haart thread, but with a much bigger database.

Not really, there is no option to select just reductions. It also depends how they are worked out and how long they stay for.

In my town there are 2 reductions from 97 properties. However as it is new I would that expect it to grow as more than 2 properties have been reduced since listing.

It's usefulness would also depend if it is automatic or whether the agent has to add them manually.

Guest wrongmove

The b'stards - the purple banners have gone away again ! They were great - they made the market look truly awful for sellers. Rightmove must read HPC and have realised this ! :P

Guest wrongmove
Probably not enough to get excited about. I have noticed the purple banners, but I know also that there are some properties that are reduced but get no purple banners. So probably down to the individual EAs and so it can't be taken as being an accurate indicator of total reductions, yet.  BUt a good start nevertheless if someone is bargain hunting (like me for example  ;) )

I posted because the banners have been removed again :angry: , just 4 days after their introduction. The reduced properties are still there though.

I've noticed our local Halifax EA doesn't put Reduced on the displays in the window, yet about 6 houses that have caught my interest have dropped 10-15% in the last 3 months.

Anyone can post reports and research on the market saying prices are staying high but the real facts (i.e. actual house prices in the EA's) say different!!

After the horrible Halifax number this month, here is some more bearish news. Rightmove has started to splash big purple "price reduction" banners on many of their properties

eg. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-728...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

I have never seen this before - can anyone find a way of counting them, like the Haart thread, but with a much bigger database.

Don't mean to be funny, but has the purple reduction banner disappeared? Today I am not getting it. If so, that was the fastest marketing campain conclusion I have ever seen. Did they work out just how transparent they were being? Could somebody else check cause I can't find any and they were coming up at about 10-20% of properties before depending on the area (there does however still seem to be an empty space for them below the chopped off piccies!)