House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robo

Property Papers

Had a bizzar discussion with local newspaper shop owner. I called to pick up the local property paper last week, and was told that their was none left. I enquired as as to why they seemed to have FLOWN off the shelves, and was told...........Oh no.......the thing is they only printed a limited number this week because the advertising revenue from the EA's in the area was down, it transpires that the shop gets a proportion of the total print run and in April this year my shop owner was getin 100 units per week......this week he got 17...............are they indeed cutting their costs and seeing a downturn but not telling anyone.....................BTW I have been keeping 1 paper per month for about 12 months now..........houses that sold 12 months ago got near asking price..........but recently up to 20% off asking prices are becomming more commonplace.............

Just an observation.

Area is near Bishop Auckland in Co. Durham