House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koala_bear

Telegraph: "kirstie Allsopp: 'i'm Too Opinionated For Politics'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8014310/Kirstie-Allsopp-Im-too-opinionated-for-politics.html

Allsopp may not have been given a peerage, but I think she’d be very good in politics - she is always seen as a Tory, and has advised the housing minister Grant Shapps,

[/Quote]

Time to start getting worried...

Edited by koala_bear

Kirsty isn't as dumb as she might appear.

She knows the wind has changed, and she's changing her pitch so she can ride the next wave.

She was happy to help young couples stretch themselves to the limit for that "dream home" from 2000-2007, then as that lie unravelled, she slipped into the role of frugal homemaker, with "Kirsty's Homemade Home". Like a chameleon, she adapts to suit the environment.

Consumption is becoming less trendy, people with iPads and designer handbags are now subjects of ridicule in many circles who previously would have been indulging.

Expect to see Phil doing a show about budget property repair soon.

By we I take it she means she.

That such a durr-brain became regarded by vast sections of the public and media as a national property and economic expert sums up the sheer asininity of the last bubble. House prices only ever go up you know.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Hmmmm, i was just pondering the significance of 'house prices' being the ninth most searched term on yahoo according ot the trends box on their homepage. On first reflection i thought that this could possibly be a sign of the fear phase.

After reading this article I went back to see if there was a term that related to the era of consumption/wags/(nonentity)celebs etc. Well, Paris Hilton is No 1 and Katie Price No 3!

Its not you being "opinionated" that's the problem Kirstie.

It's having the lack of vision to see how your own actions contributed to bankrupting the country.

If you'd listened to us HPCers, rather than dismissing us as nutters....

It's having the lack of vision to see how your own actions contributed to bankrupting the country.

Better lack of vision than seeing but not giving a damn. The former labels her merely an idiot, the latter self-absorbed malicious scum.

There is no place whatsoever for a thick/uneducated horsey interior design 'expert' in politics. What could she ever possibly bring to the table? Tips on what colour people should paint their Agas?

White with a black enamelled top.

Next.

she is a child. buy now because you will make money...whoops, we have no money...better borrow some more, whoops, we cant borrow any more because savers are gone..better up public spending...whoops, our money is devalued....time to die....whoops, no-one to bury me.....

By we I take it she means she.

That such a durr-brain became regarded by vast sections of the public and media as a national property and economic expert sums up the sheer asininity of the last bubble. House prices only ever go up you know.

It was the Dunning-Kruger effect en-masse, a nationwide mutual appreciation society of ignorance, ego and back-slapping congratulation.

The blind were leading the blind, like the Pied Piper leading the rats out of the town or like lemmings running to the cliff.

Dullards, thickos and retards were the new intelligentsia; they were so empowered and emancipated by availability of credit and flattery from the likes of Allsop they routinely displayed flagrant contempt for anyone who dared show the error of their ways; misandry was rampant; those of us who could see the dangers were cast aside as an4l-retentives, nerds or pathetic wimps. They were getting-off big-time on a toxic fix of narcissism and the reverse-halo effect; yes sir, this was their time, they were in charge and no-one was going to stand in their way; the inmates were now running the asylum and that was how it was going to be.

Well, I ain't ******ing paying for the mess they created. No, instead of me paying for the consequences of their folly they can go grab their buckets and mops. You go girl!

Edited by Dave Spart

It was the Dunning-Kruger effect en-masse, a nationwide mutual appreciation society of ignorance, ego and back-slapping congratulation.

The blind were leading the blind, like the Pied Piper leading the rats out of the town or like lemmings running to the cliff.

Dullards, thickos and retards were the new intelligentsia; they were so empowered and emancipated by availability of credit and flattery from the likes of Allsop they routinely displayed flagrant contempt for anyone who dared show the error of their ways; misandry was rampant; those of us who could see the dangers were cast aside as an4l-retentives, nerds or pathetic wimps. They were getting-off big-time on a toxic fix of narcissism and the reverse-halo effect; yes sir, this was their time, they were in charge and no-one was going to stand in their way; the inmates were now running the asylum and that was how it was going to be.

Well, I ain't ******ing paying for the mess they created. No, instead of me paying for the consequences of their folly they can go grab their buckets and mops. You go girl!

Nice rant! And I agree.

Your prosaic words accurately reflect the sorry state of modern Britain.

Kirsty isn't as dumb as she might appear.

She knows the wind has changed, and she's changing her pitch so she can ride the next wave.

She was happy to help young couples stretch themselves to the limit for that "dream home" from 2000-2007, then as that lie unravelled, she slipped into the role of frugal homemaker, with "Kirsty's Homemade Home". Like a chameleon, she adapts to suit the environment.

Consumption is becoming less trendy, people with iPads and designer handbags are now subjects of ridicule in many circles who previously would have been indulging.

Expect to see Phil doing a show about budget property repair soon.

If you've got it....it is no longer fashionable to flaunt it. ;)