House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Gossip From Droitwich

Apparently the council want to buy the land that is the last unbuilt bit of Droitwich. 22 acres.

Have aguess how much per acre...

£1.5M

Sounds a lot to me.

How many houses can you squeeze on an acre?

Apparently the council want to buy the land that is the last unbuilt bit of Droitwich. 22 acres.

£1.5M

Sounds a lot to me.

From what I heard on the radio in 2008 and knowledge of local land prices (SW £1m per acre) that is about what was being paid in the centre of London at the market peak. Ludicrously expensive - should be nearer half that.

From what I heard on the radio in 2008 and knowledge of local land prices (SW £1m per acre) that is about what was being paid in the centre of London at the market peak. Ludicrously expensive - should be nearer half that.

One of the people who owns the land wants to hold out for more I think. Utterly barking... I'd have it signed sealed and delivered and be away!

One of the people who owns the land wants to hold out for more I think. Utterly barking... I'd have it signed sealed and delivered and be away!

A fool and his money .... What happened to thd days of compulsory purchase orders. I heard rumours that Labour was about to reintroduce these towards the end of their term as one of their last ditch attempts to curry favour.

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

£1.5M

Sounds a lot to me.

that can't be right. I've got an acre of land in a nearby town that's under option with a major builder. The plans for the site (26 acres in all) are due to be considered by Wychavon soon. The land value is about a third of that. Still, I'm not complaining.

The person holding out is probably on the council too...