House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Executive Sadman

Detached Living In The Home Counties

Hmmm... is Luton part of the "Home Counties"?

PS Love the bit in the description that hints about the house being unfinished... combined with the lack of inside photos, I can hazard a pretty good guess as to what "unfinished" means :lol:

PS Love the bit in the description that hints about the house being unfinished... combined with the lack of inside photos, I can hazard a pretty good guess as to what "unfinished" means :lol:

There's no internal photos because they couldn't fit the fish-eye lense inside the place.

Treehouse in search of a tree..........

I think it's states that it's basically a shell, in need of plumbing, wiring and plastering.

To be honest, not as much work as you would expect. Plumbing and wiring are quite quick to do if done before plastering etc as it's easy to lift the floorboards and you don't need to cut channels in the walls etc.

Post-fit wiring and plumbing is a lot of hassle as you have to spend hours cutting channels for cables and lifting floorboards is a lot harder once the plaster and skirting is on. If you can get in before the plasterer, you just need to drill a few holes for pipes and cut some shallow holes for the electrical mounting boxes.

Put simply, soldering pipes and wiring fittings up is pretty quick, it's making the holes for them to go in that takes the time.

one day someone will come up with a better solution, like say, pre-fabricated removable wall panels. I had an idea for a house like that a while back. Basically a giant lego set with cosmetic panels for the interior walls. A house could be built in a day. Modern plastics will last as long as brick and all the walls could be filled with standard wall insulation beads. As a bonus if you want to extend you just need a crane to remove the roof for the day and a team of builders with rubber mallets.

Edited by RufflesTheGuineaPig