House Price Crash Forum

Westcountry Property Auction Results

or in excess of

Someone did that on HUTH.

AIH it was at a Fulford's auction with their, normally, very affable auctioneer.

His reply was something to the effect of "none of your business".

tim

Ah so it does work :D

And clearly ******s off the tossers who think nobody notices or cares. And let's be honest if you end up with the winning bid they won't give a shit as long as they get their commision.

If I am ever at an auction and it seems a bit dodgy - I will definitely go down this route. Why not.

Ah so it does work :D

And clearly ******s off the tossers who think nobody notices or cares. And let's be honest if you end up with the winning bid they won't give a shit as long as they get their commision.

If I am ever at an auction and it seems a bit dodgy - I will definitely go down this route. Why not.

It seems to me that the process of selling property is the world's most potent spiv magnet.

Did anyone go - were the unsolds because of a lack of bids, or or reserves just being too high?

They were actively bidding, just not up to the reserves. This was in Redruth.

The room was quite full to start with, and usually remains pretty full, but at the end the room was less than half empty. Not sure of the relevance, but maybe interest is waning.

The number of lots at Redruth used to be a more in number. This was the lowest number of lots I've seen in about 3 years now.

Also, some of the 'solds' were cheap stuff, like plots of land without planning. Don't think the EAs made much that day.

Edited by LetsGetReadyToTumble

It will be interesting to see if the unsold properties crop up in their next auction and if so, what the new guide prices are. I suspect Fulfords may be having a bit of a rethink on reserve/guide prices when they do their next 'appraisals'.

Fulfords do some very strange things with auction properties. And tell what appear to be barefaced lies about them.

Check out this thread concerning last September's auction, and note that a year on from when they told me it was sold, it's still on the market.

Edited by porca misèria

Ghost bids have been around for decades, ever since I've been to my first auction (not property), you might even have the auctioneer's family in their to put bids in (in some really dodgey auction house).

Don't get carried away, and don't be at the front of the crowd thinking you'll get your bids in, be at the side nearer the back so you can see the action.

Edited by Money Spinner

Last 5 auction results from dedman Gray in Essex.

http://www.eigroup.co.uk/auctioneers/templates/guides.asp?a=73&c=ded&sd=0#

Last month was slightly better but still pretty appalling! I noticed on an auction I watched online that many properties were going above guide but still not selling. Reserves are obviously too high.

Ha ! No.3 on thier list is Myrtle Cottage, Gillan. Guide £275k and still available. It last sold for £280K in Aug 2004. I looked at this house in the mid 1990s and it was £60k ish and needed about another £60k ish spending on it, so, we passed. Looks like the current owner is staring at a black hole.