House Price Crash Forum
Live Peasant

Billionaires Asking For Their Yellow Stuff

I like Max very much, Jim also but you must understand Jim is a bit "X-files".

I recall his saited bars story (Gold plated Tugsen bars)......a checked with a few contacts & they told me:-

A. The Tugsen would be detected very easy

B. They heard no such info & they would have.

Mike

I recall his saited bars story (Gold plated Tugsen bars)......a checked with a few contacts & they told me:-

Mike

not necessarily so

These goldbug dudes talk their book and ramp even more than the share and property market does, except the goldbug ramping kinda parallels UFOLOGY, if you know what I mean. In my book none of them can be trusted...

These stories have been consistently reported for around a year now. Arabs and those from Eastern parts are requesting their gold back. This would tie in with the enormous new gold depository recently (last year) built in Hong Kong.

http://www.marketintelligence.gold.org/news/2009/09/03/story/12867/gold_depository_launched_at_hong_kong_international_airport/

Increasingly, people want the real stuff, not paper or promises to present the real stuff. They want the real metal flown to whatever country they are in.

The London gold exchange and the Comex will not be able to cope with these redemptions. It's only a matter of time before one or both suffers a heart attack.

Mike

Even steel it seems can pass as gold.

Fake fears over Ethiopia's gold

Ethiopia's national bank has been told to inspect all the gold in its vaults to determine its authenticity.

It follows the discovery that some of the "gold" it had bought for millions of dollars was gold-plated steel.

The first hint that something was wrong reportedly came when the Ethiopian central bank exported a consignment of gold bars to South Africa.

The South Africans sent them back, complaining that they had been sold gilded steel.

An investigation revealed that the bank had bought a consignment of fake gold from a supplier, who is now under arrest.

Other arrests followed, including business associates of the main accused; national bank officials; and chemists from the Geological Survey of Ethiopia, whose job it is to assay the bank's purchases of gold and certify that they are real.

But what has clearly now got the government even more worried is that another different batch of gold in the bank's vaults has also been found to be fake, and this time it was gold which had been there for several years, after being seized from smugglers trying to take it to Djibouti.

LINK

Seems a bit improbable, but it's on the BBC!

Mike

Explain how. Since Tungsten and gold have very similar densities ?

Its strange because I post on other forums that fort knox may well be empty due to the Nixon shock, when De Gaulle called Nixon's bluff and asked for gold in exchange for dollars in 1971.

In that everybody I chat to online seems to think that it doesn't matter if the US has no gold..... Why do they think this?

My own thoughts are if they are lying about the existence of gold then they will lie about other things. Also there is malinvestment as there is investment based upon the wide spread thought there is gold in those vaults. Heh even Ron Paul congressman of Texas is demanding to actually have a proper audit as nobody has actually seen the gold the US claims to have.

They just keep on saying trust me.

At least I've seen the solid gold toilet in Hong Kong

http://ask-a-chinese-guy.blogspot.com/2010/05/with-crazy-gold-prices.html

Explain how. Since Tungsten and gold have very similar densities ?

Oooo , as I really embaraassed myself recently with this one :-(

With a Niton gun ?

How come they don't test with such ?

Did he say at 07:23 that silver was near an all time high ?

It's miles off isn't it ? I thought it was at around $48 in the 80's

Its strange because I post on other forums that fort knox may well be empty due to the Nixon shock, when De Gaulle called Nixon's bluff and asked for gold in exchange for dollars in 1971.

De Gaulle could have asked for gold in 1971 but not Nixon and not from Fort Knox because (surprise, surprise!)

Charles de Gaulle resigned the presidency at noon, 28 April 1969

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_de_Gaulle#Retirement_and_death

Oooo , as I really embaraassed myself recently with this one :-(

With a Niton gun ?

How come they don't test with such ?

Did he say at 07:23 that silver was near an all time high ?

It's miles off isn't it ? I thought it was at around $48 in the 80's

I used to work for a business that makes this sort of stuff, although doing something different.

Not convinced it is anything other than a surface analyser. I don't think it would probe through a 1cm thick outer layer of gold to detect a tungsten core. I may be wrong though.

As for the gilded steel bars - that's funny.

De Gaulle could have asked for gold in 1971 but not Nixon and not from Fort Knox because (surprise, surprise!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_de_Gaulle#Retirement_and_death

I'm pretty sure it was France who played a large part in exchanging their dollars for Gold which peeved off the US namely due to the printing to fund the vietnam war.

I used to work for a business that makes this sort of stuff, although doing something different.

Not convinced it is anything other than a surface analyser. I don't think it would probe through a 1cm thick outer layer of gold to detect a tungsten core. I may be wrong though.

As for the gilded steel bars - that's funny.

So these things

http://www.goldtester.net/

Are merely surface analysers? Me I'd probably do the olde water displacement test and take a bite out of it. Putting some deep scratches into it.