House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Would You Have An Affair With Someone If You Knew They Were Married

I'm talking about a "committed" relationship, rather than a couple who have separated.

A friend of mine recently had a bit on the side with a girl who has a couple of young kids...I personally would feel guilty (and I don't know if I could go through with it - although I haven't been in that situation yet), and her husband is a nice chap.

I'm not at all moralising, but I'm just interested at the results..

There was a time when I would have voted yes regardless, now I'd definitely say no, especially if they had kids.

Things don't always work out quite that black and white though. Love, or infatuation, can make you do all sorts of mad things.

It would depend on how you actually feel about the person, I suppose but I'd almost certainly say no.

Whatever anyone thinks you are always going to get found out sooner or later - usually sooner. You're kidding your self if you think it's ever going to be a few rampant shags and then it'll end on mutually acceptable grounds.

You do not have a relationship with the other persons partner/kids. They do. So they are doing something wrong and you are not. Simple as that IMO.

Now if you had met the other people this may change. As some form of small 'relationship' would have formed. If you had not met them however ? They may as well not exist.

If she wants an affair, she is obviously not happy in her relationship. After all, marriage is just a piece of paper.

It all depends on how you feel about each other.

If she wants an affair, she is obviously not happy in her relationship. After all, marriage is just a piece of paper.

It all depends on how you feel about each other.

I did.I'm not especiallyproud of it and I was 20 she was 27.Mind you she was a cracker.

It would depend on how you actually feel about the person, I suppose but I'd almost certainly say no.

Whatever anyone thinks you are always going to get found out sooner or later - usually sooner. You're kidding your self if you think it's ever going to be a few rampant shags and then it'll end on mutually acceptable grounds.

+1

A guy from school asked me out knowing I knew he was married and had a kid....I told him in no uncertain words " on your bike you two timing g**" Used to think he was quite a nice fella, just goes to show you. ;)

I've never had any affairs but, being married myself, I imagine that if I found myself in a position where I was falling headlong into an affair, I'd do so whether or not the other person was married.

I'd like to say no, but if she appealed enough I might find it very hard to say no.

I think that sums it up.Most people are not going to get the opportunity with someone really first rate both in looks and intellect.There are just not that many out there.So the question is academic for most people.Think of the person you fancy most and then answer whether you would say yes or no.

I think it would depend on the price of persons wedding. If they got one of those £199 premier inn weddings, they are obviously not that committed and are just asking for a bit of infidelity.

I think it would depend on the price of persons wedding. If they got one of those £199 premier inn weddings, they are obviously not that committed and are just asking for a bit of infidelity.

Haha!

I had the opportunity of an affair with a woman who was married with two young children; I would just have felt very guilty about it all even if she didn't, and to be honest I didn't have a great deal of respect for someone prepared to do that.

I do think though that a third party can't really break up a marriage, that has happened already by the time the adultery occurs. I take the bit in the BCP marriage service about 'what God hath joined let no man put asunder' (I've no idea what the New Labour version of it is in modern weddings/partnerships/whatever) to mean no person or law should seperate a man and wife or seek to make their marriage invalid against their will, not that a couple can't divorce.