House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Number79

Hpc Vs Bulls

It has become apparent that many of the bulls that were here are now gone.

Healthy discussion benefits everybody.

Trolls being banned I can somewhat agree with, it becomes irritating reading bullish none sense in light of the facts but cest la vie.

I dislike the bull vi rampers as much a anyone but facts and figures from each camp need to be displayed for discussion. If this is to become a forum of the like minded that expect price falls then the value of the forum drops to zero for me and there is no point in being here.

A group of people that believe the same I have no interest in u nless they can explain their position or defend from other argument.

To ban the bulls cuts this site in half and limits the value of it. We may dislike perma bulls as irritating but everyone is allowed an opinion.

A one sided site with no counter arguements or stats is of no use to me. If i just wanted confirmation of my own beliefs then i would just invite my friends to share my wine and throw out any that disagree.

The site has been devalued by banning various bulls. I dont like reading their none sense either but without then this site becomes something far less than it should be.

Disclamer. I have been awake 36 hours and am very tired so if you find spelling mistakes or grammatical errors then please report them to 'go fuk yourself' ' what a nob I am' 'if i get a life girls will still hate me'.com

Trolls being banned I can somewhat agree with, it becomes irritating reading bullish none sense in light of the facts but cest la vie.

I dislike the bull vi rampers as much a anyone but facts and figures from each camp need to be displayed for discussion. If this is to become a forum of the like minded that expect price falls then the value of the forum drops to zero for me and there is no point in being here.

A group of people that believe the same I have no interest in u nless they can explain their position or defend from other argument.

To ban the bulls cuts this site in half and limits the value of it. We may dislike perma bulls as irritating but everyone is allowed an opinion.

A one sided site with no counter arguements or stats is of no use to me. If i just wanted confirmation of my own beliefs then i would just invite my friends to share my wine and throw out any that disagree.

The site has been devalued by banning various bulls. I dont like reading their none sense either but without then this site becomes something far less than it should be.

Disclamer. I have been awake 36 hours and am very tired so if you find spelling mistakes or grammatical errors then please report them to 'go fuk yourself' ' what a nob I am' 'if i get a life girls will still hate me'.com

...who would be a bull in this climate except in area pockets due to exceptional circumstances which are not the general rule...?... :rolleyes:

Agreed.

I lurk in the main, but this site has become less interesting with its back slapping, everyone agreeing doom and gloom direction over the last few months.

The main forum page has become a site than just links to the BBC etc. where everyone cites the death of the economy, house prices and life in general.

Still a good site to learn from, though, due to some quality posters.

Agreed. I recently mentioned the paucity of bulls also and worry that without robust discussion this site will end up just providing self affirmation. I did try getting a discussion going on an EA website but was disappointed (though not really surprised) by a couple of idiotic posters who took it upon themselves to be abusive - surprisingly most of the other EA's agreed with me that they needed to get their vendors to lower prices.

Go to bed.

www.gofukyourselfwhatanobiamifigetalifegirlswillstillhateme.com does not work. Is it spelt correctly?

I agree with your premise, but not your argument.

For me, your post indicates exactly what is wrong with this site

Take your quote below:

"Trolls being banned I can somewhat agree with, it becomes irritating reading bullish none sense in light of the facts but cest la vie."

Now I'm not even sure of the exact definition of Troll, but on this site it seems to be the general opinion that if you put forward Bullish arguments then you are a troll and must be banned. Hardly conducive to healthy debate.

Personally, I think if the Bears are tired of reading posts from Bulls then they should remember that Bulls are probably fed up of reading posts by Bears too.

This culture of banning people is very unhelpful and should be used in extreme circumstances - repeated swearing, spamming etc.

Not because moderators don't like the arguments provided in their posts.

It is clear that this site has become closed-minded, like-minded people flogging a dead horse. That is its reputation on the other notice boards and that is my opinion too.

I agree with your premise, but not your argument.

For me, your post indicates exactly what is wrong with this site

Take your quote below:

"Trolls being banned I can somewhat agree with, it becomes irritating reading bullish none sense in light of the facts but cest la vie."

Now I'm not even sure of the exact definition of Troll, but on this site it seems to be the general opinion that if you put forward Bullish arguments then you are a troll and must be banned. Hardly conducive to healthy debate.

Personally, I think if the Bears are tired of reading posts from Bulls then they should remember that Bulls are probably fed up of reading posts by Bears too.

This culture of banning people is very unhelpful and should be used in extreme circumstances - repeated swearing, spamming etc.

Not because moderators don't like the arguments provided in their posts.

It is clear that this site has become closed-minded, like-minded people flogging a dead horse. That is its reputation on the other notice boards and that is my opinion too.

New member joins and makes 250 posts a day proclaiming that house prices only ever go up and that all the posters on HPC are losers who will spend their lives renting and paying off their landlords' mortgages.

Would you consider this to be trolling?

New member joins and makes 250 posts a day proclaiming that house prices only ever go up and that all the posters on HPC are losers who will spend their lives renting and paying off their landlords' mortgages.

Would you consider this to be trolling?

No, I'd consider it to be spamming.

Now turn it around:

New member joins and makes 250 posts a day proclaiming that house prices are going down and that all the posters on MSE are losers and VIs.

No, I'd consider it to be spamming.

Now turn it around:

New member joins and makes 250 posts a day proclaiming that house prices are going down and that all the posters on MSE are losers and VIs.

If he posted it here I'd say spamming. If he posted it on MSE I'd say trolling.

There are lots of bulls posting here and have been for years. Being bullish on property and trolling are two very different things. An EA who trolls this forum with hundreds of 'rent forever losers' type posts, if banned will complain that he was banned for holding bullish views, which is complete nonsense.

If he posted it here I'd say spamming. If he posted it on MSE I'd say trolling.

There are lots of bulls posting here and have been for years. Being bullish on property and trolling are two very different things. An EA who trolls this forum with hundreds of 'rent forever losers' type posts, if banned will complain that he was banned for holding bullish views, which is complete nonsense.

Unfortunately the problem is that there are not lots of bulls here on this site. I appreciate that the site name encourages bears to join rather than bulls, but it's rare to see a bull here. When they do post, the bears tend to jump on them instantly with claims of troll and VI.

We've all seen such threads.

If we're going to ban people who say "rent forever losers" then we really also need to ban people who say "buying a house is dead money losers."