House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cypher007

Estate Agent Performance Figures, Are They Available?

when choosing an estate agent i would like some comparison data. so i could see who has sold the most properties in my area at my price point, and actual sales not yoyo sales e.g. stc then for sale then stc.

when choosing an estate agent i would like some comparison data. so i could see who has sold the most properties in my area at my price point, and actual sales not yoyo sales e.g. stc then for sale then stc.

There is a league table giving you sales, average price, time on Market etc for your chosen area. But can't remember the website. There was a thread on it a while ago. Might have been something to do with the NAEA?

There is a league table giving you sales, average price, time on Market etc for your chosen area. But can't remember the website. There was a thread on it a while ago. Might have been something to do with the NAEA?

that sounds like the data i need. does anyone elese remeber the website?

I am not sure this is what you are looking for, but from the statutory audited accounts of larger estate agents I have some results.

I have given turnover, profit after tax and employee numbers for 06, 07, 08 and 09. These are larger regional agents. Smaller agents are allowed to file abbreviated accounts so the information set out for these larger agents is not available in respect of smaller agents.

Rook Matthews Sayer (Newcastle based)

Accounts to 30 Sept each year

Turnover 06 £7,313,000 / 07 £7,844,539 / 08 £7,036,136 09 / 09 £4,820,674

Profit after tax 06 £1,308,098 / 07 £712,095 / 08 £327,685 / 09 £46,446.

Employees 06 145 / 07 207 / 08 198 / 09 141

Dacre Son Hartley (Yorkshire)

Accounts to 31 October each year

Turnover 06/07 not published 08 £7,394,893 / 09 £6,852,049

Profit after tax 06 £1,561,227 / 07 £1,172,619 / 08 loss -£425,295 / 09 £235,779

Employees 06 168 / 07 177 / 08 158 / 09 131

Going well then.........

I am not sure this is what you are looking for, but from the statutory audited accounts of larger estate agents I have some results.

(...)

Wow. Great stuff.

Sorry to be a bit thick / lazy, but where can one find this info?